Idea: Evidence Hub for OpenMRS?

From a quick google of “OpenMRS research” and “OpenMRS evaluation”, there seem to be a lot of studies out there. Yet when I travel and talk to eHealth leaders, I am often asked, “Has there been any research on OpenMRS or its effectiveness?” It would be great to have a simple link to send them to.

I love this idea like Dimagi just released, of a 1-stop-shop for decision makers to see the evidence-base for a global good: :link: CommCare Evidence Base Overview website :link: and CommCare Evidence Base tracker spreadsheet of known studies :scroll:

It would be great to do something similar for OpenMRS, starting really simple.

A simple page on our Website like “OpenMRS Evidence Hub” - we could start by listing and linking to all known studies involving OpenMRS. So it would look something like this (I copied some of the CommCare content as an example):

The OpenMRS Evidence Hub

More than __ studies have been conducted exploring OpenMRS. Collectively, these studies provide strong evidence that equipping Frontline Workers (FLWs) with OpenMRS improves__, ___, and ___. This site is our online, up-to-date repository, with new studies being shared and published frequently. The OpenMRS Community maintains the CommCare Evidence Base and adds new studies as they are discovered.

Publications
  • 2022: Study name ipsemlorem
  • 2021: Publication name ipsemlorem
Case Studies
  • 2020: Country: Article name

For questions, please get in touch with us.

What do folks think of this? Perhaps the Evaluation Squad could do the exercise of googling and compiling known content?

CC @beth @hamish

5 Likes

After several more questions about this idea, and after receiving an automated google alert about yet another new OpenMRS-related publication today, I’ve kicked off the new OpenMRS Evidence Base wiki page:

https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/OgC_Ew

There are actually thousands of existing materials to add here from the last almost 20 years of research on OpenMRS! I’ll update this gradually as I go, and will begin focusing more on things published within the last 1-2 years and preferably on topics not HIV-specific.

2 Likes