How to map my local cancer patient association on openMRS

Hello everyone!

I’m tasked with improving patient management at my local cancer patient association. They still pretty much run everything on spreadsheets and paper so it’s a bit convoluted.

I’m wondering if you can help me find out if OpenMRS is the best tool for this job. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place for this discussion.

The association has a few different groups of people helping with patients - psychologists, volunteers, social assistants and carers. Each of these roles belong to different units: Volunteering, Psychology, Social assistance and Careers. Each unit has coordinators and workers.

Volunteers are also split into regions and each region has a volunteer coordinator. They need to coordinate activities on their regions, hopefully with the help of OpenMRS.

Volunteers, psychologists, workers need to submit information about patients and request assistance from other roles.

Some roles (like coordinators, psychologists) have access to all patient information but others only to a select part of it.

My plan is to map this into OpneMRS like so: Units will be providers. Psychologists, carers, volunteers, social assistants, workers and coordinators will be roles. I’m not yet sure how to limit patient information by role.

Any help that might get me in the right direction is much appreciated <3 Many thanks!

Did you get a chance to look at this? Reference Application 2.11.0 - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

I will have a look. Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile: