How to fix a corrupted sync record xml?

(Euclides Mabota) #1

I am having a synchronization issue similar to the one explained in the Sync Module Bug Blog - BUG : A sync record fails to import because the xml of the record got corrupted during the creation of the record

The issue is I didn’t understand the example and solution suggested in the blog. For instance, it’s mentioned that : An example record looks like this: (…check line #29 where the owner tag is ’ < owner type = "recreate" ></ owner > ')

What’s wrong with that exactly? What is the correct form? Or what should be corrected exactly?

So my scenario is:

• OpenMRS v 1.11.7; Sync Module v 1.3
  • I have 1 parent and many child servers. What’s happening: A specific child server successfully synchronizes to the parent server, but then this data fails to synchronize to other child servers. And I get the error-> ERROR - NOT SYNCHRONIZED, WILL RETRY

And here the Tomcat log. I would send the link to the payload but I can only send 2 links!

Thank in advance

(Daniel Kayiwa) #2

@rubailly @mogoodrich could you be having any comments on this? :slight_smile:

(Euclides Mabota) #3

Hi, some additional info. Please find bellow the payload from the child and parent server:

• I have here the payload of the child server.
  • And here the payload on the parent server

Should the payload on the parent server be exactly the same from the payload of the child server?

Thanks

(Euclides Mabota) #4

Hello @rubailly and @mogoodrich any hint on this issue? Thanks

(Bailly Rurangirwa) #5

@emabotta -See that line in the stack trace where it says Column ‘patient_id’ cannot be null …can you first check if the patient/person in the payload exists on the other child servers?

run select * from person where uuid = “0baed48d-49a6-4acd-ae93-95e2fd3abbe_c”; on one of the child servers and see if you get any results.

(Euclides Mabota) #6

@rubailly - Yes I noticed, I thought it would create the patient. Answering your question - no I don’t get any results. The patient doesn’t exist on the child server.

@rubailly is the patient supposed to already exist on the child server? It is a new patient that was created on a child server, which was then successfully synchronized to the parent server. But is now failing to synchronize to another child server! Am I missing something in my understanding of the synchronization process?

(Bailly Rurangirwa) #8

Yes, the patient has to be in the database on the destination server, otherwise, the record will fail as it won’t know which person/patient it should be attached/linked to. The problem is even the other records that are pending and related to this patient will fail as well. Can you run select * from sync_record where payload like “%0baed48d-49a6-4acd-ae93-95e2fd3abbe_c%” and state=“NEW” on the parent server and see how many records do you have in the queue for that patient?

(Euclides Mabota) #9

I have 2 records. Do you have any idea how it worked in the first synchronization, from the child to the parent? This patient was created on a child server. The same happens with many other patients that are created on other child servers!!

Thanks

(Bailly Rurangirwa) #10

If it worked for the parent server, that means it already had that patient. How did you create the other child servers? Maybe you created them from a database that didn’t have all the patients…