I am currently trying to use emr-api to handle encounters in the radiology module. The following case is a little difficult to deal with, so I am looking for a best practise approach.
- Create a radiology order
- EMR-API automatically creates a visit and assigns the encounter of the active radiology order to it
- The user ends the visit here Now the interesting part:
- The user wants to discontinue the radiology order, the original visit has ended
My question: How to deal with the visit now? These are the two cases I tried to evaluate:
- Create a new visit for the “discontinuation encounter”
- Assign the “discontinuation encounter” to the original visit of the radiology order (by giving the original visit uuid to emr-api), to keep everything in a similar context? This fails because the visit has already stopped!