Our team is gearing up to deploy a new O3 implementation for a single hospital in the Philippines. Gratefully, there seems to be an abundance of documentation for deploying OpenMRS and O3, although some of it seems a bit out of date, particularly in light of developments in the last year or so.
What do folks think is currently the best documentation guidance for implementing a new O3 instance in 2024? It seems like the most recently edited docs are:
- O3 Implementer Documentation: Set Up, Configure & Deploy (authored by @bistenes and edited most recently by @ibacher )
- DRAFT: O3 EMR How-To Guide Outline (authored by @grace and edited most recently by @michaelbontyes )
We will be documenting as we are building and implementing, and would love to contribute back to the community our experience – and update whatever documentation currently spells out best practices for O3 implementation.
As of now, the rough sketch of how our setup will look like (still working through this though)
- fork of openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication
- run on docker
- separate environments for dev, UAT, stage, production
- clear distinction between source code, data, and config files
- CI/CD pipeline leveraging Github Actions
It seems like DRAFT: O3 EMR How-To Guide Outline already has a lot of this info in there, in draft form – but could use some attention and touching up. @grace any near-term plans to do anything with this document that you are aware of?
thanks kindly, Phil