How do I update observations after registration desk fills in vital signs?

Platform Version: 1.11.3 Build 03b68a OpenMRS: 2.2

Hello everyone,

Still discovering OpenMRS (on my own) in preparation for a more “formal” test of the system in a small Togolese hospital (hopefully starting in the next 3 months).

Following advice gathered in this forum (thank you Mark, Darius, Andrew and Michael!), I am working with Platform version 1.11.3 Build 03b68a completed with the full package of modules that make up the Reference Application OpenMRS 2.2. It looks very promising… I can see more and more precisely how it will be beneficial for the team (and the patients) in the Togolese hospital that will soon “test drive” it.

I have a question, though…

• The Registration Desk having filled in the Vital Signs form, it seems impossible to update these observations (in the case an error is made, for example)… Is that normal ?

I believe these are the steps:

1. Go to the “Visits” view by clicking on on the arrow in the upper-right corner of the “Visits” widget on the clinical dashboard.

2. Navigate to the appropriate visit to find the Vitals encouter you want to edit.

3. Click on the Pencil icon to the right of that encounter.

Ah, but reading a little further, I see you are having problems getting to the Visits page due to another error.

Here’s a screenshot from the demo server illustrating the Vitals encounter, and the pencil icon to its right:

You may need to have elevated privileges to edit an existing encounter (or else have been the user that created the encounter in the first place).

(Also, clicking on Edit on the demo server I see that the UI is messed up, and we should ticket and fix this…)