How do I force a 2nd installation of OpenMRS to a specific directory?

@raff, can you please make sure to document this on the appropriate wiki page?

1 Like

Maurya, Sorry for delayed response. I made the change to web.xml and recompiled the core. It generated a unique folder according to what I put in web.xml. Thank you.

Raff, Where is the file where I can locate “OPENMRS_APPLICATION_DATA_DIRECTORY”?

Darius, Not sure about the method Raff said as I cannot find the file he mentioned. But Maurya’s suggestion is documented in an openMRS doc (very very brief) - I found it after Maurya tipped me.

Hi, I would like to use MySQL workbench instead of using standalone MYSQL. I am using Reference Application Standalone 2.8.0 I was trying to access MYSQLDUMP but failed, since I don’t see MYSQLDUMP in bin folder. looking for support…

Did you get a chance to look at this? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+Standalone

Yes I did read, and connected and access the database of standalone MYSQL, however I am facing challenge when it comes to export the data. MYSQLDUMP command is missing from bin file. Any idea?

For the standalone, if all you want is backup, you can just backup the database folder, as some sites are doing in Nigeria. Using the OpenMRS Standalone version in production!

Thank a lot, will do the same.