How do i access openmrs standalone database?

I want to uplaod my demo data file to my openmrs stand alone data base,but the password i get from openmrs-standalone-runtime doesnot work aftr runing mysql -u openmrs -p

Did you follow the instructions on the OpenMRS Standalone page? Maybe you’re running the command in the wrong folder, so running your local copy of MySQL instead of the embedded version.

1 Like

@burke,hi thnks it looks like i was operating on a different folder let me try to figure it out will be back here

@herbert24 was @burke 's helpful?

yeah burke has a great idea that am going to sort and i come back here

@Burke ,@Tendo This is my openmrs stand alone runtime file((( #Last updated by the OpenMRS Standalone application. #Mon Feb 12 01:23:35 PST 2018 vm_arguments=-Xmx512m -Xms512m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:NewSize=128m connection.username=openmrs connection.url=jdbc:mysql:mxj://127.0.0.1:3316/openmrs?autoReconnect=true&sessionVariables=storage_engine=InnoDB&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull&server.initialize-user=true&createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&server.basedir=database&server.datadir=database/data&server.collation-server=utf8_general_ci&server.character-set-server=utf8&server.max_allowed_packet=96M connection.password=x.WlgvyHDlOw module.allow_web_admin=true tomcatport=8081 application_data_directory=appdata auto_update_database=false

)))

using windows operating system,i have cd to my database folder of the stand alone, then to bin folder. After i have run mysql -u openmrs -p The above command prompts for a password and i put x.WlgvyHDlOw as from the runtime file above. But it still fails to connect to the database

i keep on getting this error after entering the password ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘localhost’ (10061)

I am not sure if your problem already solved but I just found the solution try this, your sql port is 3316

Blockquote

mysql -u openmrs -p --port=3316 --host=127.0.0.1

Blockquote

@dailyshelter
thanks much though i arleady sorted the problem

@herbert24 when you ask for help but figure it out yourself, it helps replying to yourself and share what you did to fix it. It also saves time for those who invest resources trying to help you.

@dkayiwa true and i am going to implement that

I can’t connect o to database it tell me that I check my runtime properties of openmrs if I try to go to the command Line itype MySQL -uroot -p ipress enter it ask for password I enter it it tells me access denied for user root @ localhost<using password : yes

can you share your log heree using pastebin, which mysql client are using to connect database from.

Am using MySQL 5.5

Am not sure of how you are trying to connect, but the easiest way is to use mysql workbench, or any other mysql client did you try connecting using mysql workbench

Yes but it claimed access denied to user @ localhost Ihad specified there usee and password but it would just close up

That means you didnot provide right password , which user name, and password did you use when connecting to the mysql workbench

Openmrs/root then password openmrs

I am having this issue too; I entered in my user id and the password provided inside of the runtime file.