Hosting provider for OpenMRS

i am searching Good and reliable Hosting provider

can any one suggest me a suitable and reliable hosting provider for OpenMRS, and specification of hosting needed for OpenMRS.

There are various levels of what a hosting provider would do:

1. Provide a VM or physical server and let you (the client) do everything
  2. Pre-install an OS on the server
  3. Install & maintain OS and let you (the client) install & maintain other applications
  4. Fully manage OS and applications installed on the server(s)

Which of these levels do you think you are looking for? Different providers can be good but they all have different levels of service.

i would like 1st 2 options,

1. Provide a VM or physical server and let you (the client) do everything it would be good if tomcat will also be installed on the VM
  2. Fully manage OS and applications installed on the server(s) from option 4, i believe the OS will be installed and Tomcat will also be installed on OS,

i would be good for me,

can you tell one or two hosting provider so i can decide based on costing.

I have had a good experience with OpenMRS running on Ubuntu, hosted by Digital Ocean. Had to do the Tomcat and MySQL install myself but on Ubuntu that’s pretty straightforward.

2 Likes

While I personally don’t have any direct experience hosting OpenMRS servers with them for production, I also generally recommend Digital Ocean’s services. If you sign up with this link, you can get US$10 free credit to try out how it works:

1 Like

I’ve used https://www.linode.com/ for hosting a couple of implementations. They have good servers, nice pricing and among locations, servers also in Singapore. I’ve got good response speeds in South East Asian countries.

2 Likes

In my experience 2 GB is a minimum for running OpenMRS and could suffice for small implementations. If you need better performance, increasing memory will probably benefit more than increasing CPU speed.

1 Like

Hi I am experiencing some difficulties while I am trying to install OpenMRS on Digitalocean droplet. Can you please install for me as I want to use it on my own.

What are the server specs, what issues are you facing?