High CPU usage after updating patient coded diagnosis in OpenMRS

A few things:

• The tool you’re using here is very old, so I’m not surprised you’ve discovered this significant issue in it. I would think that from the Bahmni and OpenMRS Reference Application perspective it’s worth building a specific screen just for correcting diagnoses, which has better UX. (However that requires someone to do development work.)
  • There’s a team working on what will eventually be a replacement for this tool in OpenMRS, but it doesn’t cover the Obs use case yet. Their preliminary work is here: Encounters and Observations UI mockup
  • If you want the easiest quick-fix, I would suggest you patch the DWRConceptSearch function, as this will have the least effect on everything else. This page is in the “legacyui” module in OpenMRS, and you should be able to build a new version of this and add it to Bahmni without affecting other things. (It won’t require a new WAR.)

• If you want to write a bit more code (rather than just a quick patch), you could do a custom HTML + JS screen to fix diagnoses (maybe packaged as an OWA).

1 Like