Help to Setup OpenMRS in macOS - High Sierra

You are going to have a problem with this version of mysql during installation of an sdk instance . To be on the safe side, kindly downgrade it to 5.6.

I want to try and create first module.

Regards,

If its creating your first module then select option 2 which is Reference Application module and the group id kindly use (default: ‘org.openmrs.module’)

@kabiinjuguna yes ,its the default

Why is that whenever I want to install something on brew its gives me error as attached:Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.48.36

Honestly, I have no idea may be you can respond to @ssmusoke’s question and he will help out.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 12.53.52

You could quickly get started with OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

Hello Joseph, nice to see you. I’ve read the documentation but the problem I think the version of Homebrew is outdated that’s why is bringing errors in installation. I resulted to manually installing most of the softwares but with guidance online. I was looking for an alternative from Homebrew to Tigerbrew to see maybe Tigerbrew is free from the errors. Whats your take on it?

alternatively just updating homebrew may help you out.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 13.14.37

this is one of the brokers i was talking about on lower versions of Mac OS while on phone, you may need to upgrade if you need more upgrades but from my observation your brew may not be very old to carry most of what you may need. do you have any specific packages you aren’t able to obtain by it and if so which ones?

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 13.23.31 Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 13.23.53 Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 13.24.20 Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 13.24.42

What else do I need from that now?

in-case you are using the legacy way of spinning a dev environment, you need tomcat and eclipse plugins. Although i would strongly recommend using the SDK to take care of lots of abstractions for you thus leaving you with only java mysql and git if am not leaving out anything

Kindly, guide me how to use SDK

pick it up from setup at: OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 13.51.18 Which kind of a project can I create?

It depends on what you are trying to achieve (it can be modules or owa), read through the same sdk document to gain more context. for-example there is a section for running openmrs which is perhaps what you are interested in

Which one can I download?

Run the instance with the sdk