Help to Setup OpenMRS in macOS - High Sierra

Hope all is well! Kindly, help me setup OpenMRS in macOs - High Sierra. The process in the manual is abit hard and kind a long way accomplishing a stage. If there is any way that is direct or easier steps, then that can polish installation.

Regards Kabii

@kabiinjuguna you are welcome to the community. I suppose you are following this guide to setup the SDK instance on your machine. Kindly at which point are you stack?

Dear Juliet, Thanks alot for the response. I’ve downloaded and installed Docker, Eclipse & upgraded Java, but failed to install tomcat, Msql. I was thinking if I activate Team Viwer and you help me out in installation remotely. Note am using MacOS with High Sierra as an operating system.

Regards,

Oh I get it! we can link UberConference

Installing OpenMRS to macOS I think is a hefty puzzle. From yesterday thread I created, I managed to install Java 8, the other step was to install tomcat and Msql using “Terminal”. I had to deactivate the password from the sudo command line which was preventing execution of any command.

The problem now is installing tomcat and Msql. Any help?

@kabiinjuguna

1. I suggest that you install Homebrew - https://brew.sh/

2. Use Homebrew to install - jenv and Java 8, Maven 3.3, mysql 5.7 - make sure you run the mysql_secure_installation to set a non-blank password for root

3. Then you will be all set to run the SDK - you do not need Docker or Tomcat

Can you please uberconfrence with me as well. I am stuck on the setup stage.

Its fine! At 2:30pm EAT if its okay with you.

Yes that’s fine. Thank you!

https://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

I joined the link above. Hope that’s the correct one.

I’m still in this chat room

kindly send the correct zoom link again.

Kyla O is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Kyla O’s Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 753 726 6661 Passcode: J96F4B

@ssmusoke musoke Thanks alot for the suggestion to use brew as installation tool, but whenever I want to install git it gives these errors:

==> Searching for similarly named formulae… Error: No similarly named formulae found. Error: No available formula or cask with the name “git”. ==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)… Error: No previously deleted formula found. ==> Searching taps on GitHub… Error: No formulae found in taps.

Actually I had to manually install Maven and MySQL. Now I think remaining git so that I install OpenMRS Standlone. Kindly, help to sort out the …brew error

Whenever I would want to install mysql, git, openMRS, always gives this error:

brew install mysql ==> Searching for similarly named formulae… Error: No similarly named formulae found. Error: No available formula or cask with the name “mysql”. ==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)… Error: No previously deleted formula found. ==> Searching taps on GitHub… Error: No formulae found in taps.

Try this

brew install mysql@5.7

Also what version of homebrew do you have, what does brew -v return

Ive already installed mysql but manually not using brew method. Ive already finished installing openMRS as attached to the photo. Now I would like to know the next step from there.Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 13.56.52

(cd openmrs-core/webap) - was responding with no such file or directory. So I had to run (mvn jetty:run) which gave an error as per attached:Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 14.04.40