GSoD 2020: Co-Admin Opportunity

Believe it or not, we’re already getting ready for Google Season of Docs 2020! @herbert24, our Documentation Lead, has expressed interest in being this year’s GSoD Admin. We’re looking for someone to work alongside with him in the role of co-admin.

Here are a few of the responsibilities of GSoD Admins and Co-Admins

• Submit the organization application and be the organization’s representative
  • Serve as communication liaison with Google
  • Attend OpenMRS Project Management calls and provide updates on GSoD
  • Ensure all deadlines are met (for example, mentor evaluations, organization invoices)
  • Select and invite trusted, capable, and qualified mentors
  • Provide and maintain an adequate list of project and task ideas
  • Oversee activity of all mentors and technical writers, ensuring responsibilities are met

You can learn more about GSoD admin responsibilities here and the GSoD timeline here.

If you are interested in taking on the role of co-admin, please let us know!

5 Likes

cc @loisnaki @gracebish

I would gladly take it on with lots of help and support from the community.

3 Likes

kindly join us today on the call as earlier communicated

2 Likes

@mozzy thank you for bringing this to my attention.

1 Like

Cc @herbert24 , @mozzy and @jennifer please is there any requirement because I would to participate as a co-admin or to contribute as mentor with a lot of support from the community

Hi @achilep!

Thanks to our deep experience with GSoC and GCI, we’ve learned that co-admins can gain a lot by working with someone who has served as an admin for GSoC, GCI, or GSoD. Often, they know our community and how it works, and have some experience managing projects. With GSoD’s focus on documentation, knowledge of our own documentation and needs is also helpful.

GSoD is a bit different from GSoC and GCI, and mentors for GSoD need to really understand what we are hoping to accomplish with a particular documentation project so that they can support the technical writer.

You can find out more about what our Documentation Team is working on and when/where they meet on our Wiki.

1 Like

And for the Aspirants , you may want to look at last Year’s Page , will guide whoever goes through the Vetting process.

1 Like

@tendomart , thats great :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @jennifer and @tendomart for explanation

1 Like

Thank you @tendomart , @mozzy and @mozzy again . I am sure that this program will help me to better know openmrs community.

1 Like

no worries,we shall also get you involved in the different tasks around GSOD!!

Thank you @herbert24

1 Like

let me take this opportunity to announce @gracebish as the co-admin for GSOD 2020,we are humbled working with you and we cant wait making GSOD 2020 a success with you on board.For the other members who had showed interest,no worries we shall always keep you involved. Thanks cc @jennifer @mozzy @dkayiwa @jwnasambu @loisnaki

2 Likes

I am glad for entrusting me with such great responsibility. Looking forward to working with such a wonderful and powerful team. :smile:

3 Likes

congrats @gracebish

1 Like

Thanks @mozzy

@gracebish all the very best. I am sure you will do your best!

Thanks @loisnaki. With lots of support

Congratulations @gracebish all the best