GSoD 2019: Tech Writers Introductions

On behalf of the Entire OpenMRS Ecosystem i would like to continue congratulating our 3 Tech Writers who were selected through a daunting process , and great thanks to the Entire OpenMRS GSoD mentors,volunteers,admins as well as all Tech Writers that submitted applications this year !

To Tech Writers.

As you all know that we’re in the Bonding process of GSoD , you are therefore encouraged to get in touch with your mentors and introduce yourselves to the community and fellow Tech Writers.

Please Tell us more about yourself using the following questions as guide.

1. Where are you from / based?
  2. How far along are you in your education? Where are you currently enrolled (if any)?
  3. Tell us about your project in a sentence or two.
  4. What’s your IRC/Telegram nickname?
  5. What interests you about OpenMRS?
  6. Tell us one (or more) interesting or fun facts about yourself
  7. How did you get to know about OpenMRS
  8. Which are the Open source tools/techs that you most preferred to use, introduce to OpenMRS community?

9.Would you love to continue contributing to the Community after the end of GSoD 2019?

1 Like

Welcome @ayesh @batbrain7 @marslan8530 to the community ! We look forward to engaging with you over the next few days and commence to commence our activities.

2 Likes

Hi All,

First I would like to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to participate in this year GSoD programme. :v:

So more about me.

1. Where are you from / based? :- I am Ayeshmantha Perera from SriLanka.Now I am working in Austria as R&D Engineer.

2. How far along are you in your education? Where are you currently enrolled (if any)? :- I am studying Masters in Information Technology at SLIIT University SriLanka now in the 2nd year.

3. Tell us about your project in a sentence or two.:- The primary objective of the project is to develop an interactive documentation where end users can interact with API’s with try out options and in the meantime having more descriptive and self explained description which explains the technical and nontechnical people on what situation one should use the endpoint.

4. What’s your IRC/Telegram nickname? :- Am already in openMRS telegram chat as Ayeshmantha Perera

5. What interests you about OpenMRS? :- I’m interested by the fact computer science can save lives and OpenMRS is the best example which proves that.

6. Which are the Open source tools/techs that:smiley: you most preferred to use, introduce to OpenMRS community? I will be using intelij and vs code as always

7. Would you love to continue contributing to the Community after the end of GSoD 2019? Yes for sure :v::slightly_smiling_face:

8. How did you get to know about OpenMRS :- By a friend of mine @judeniroshan .When I was looking for an organization to participate in GSoC 2019.And since then I was contributing to openMRS.Till now from GSoC afterwards from GSoD :v: cheers. And I choose openMRS for GSoD as well because I love the way my mentors are handling the project work and the support they give :v:.

4 Likes

Hi,

I am Mohit Kumar, currently I live in Bengaluru, India. I am really excited on being selected as a technical writer in GSoD I recently joined Amazon and I work as a Software Development Engineer there.

I am a graduate with a Bachelor’s in Technology degree in Computer Engineering from Delhi Technological University, Delhi, India. I was born and raised in Delhi.

I’ll be working on restructuring the REST API documentation for the better understanding of the developers and users who visit and develop software in OpenMRS.

The IRC nickname is batbrain7.

Apart from coding and developing stuff I love playing and watching football.

The fact that interests me about OpenMRS is that the technology that we work on actually helps people and changes them only for the better.

I use Android studio a lot and apart from it, VS code is a good editor, push bullet is a really handy chrome extension to share links while browsing on the web.

Yes, definitely I would love to contribute to OpenMRS even after GSoD.

From the GSoD page, when I started looking for the organizations to choose from.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone, 1-I’m Muhammad Arslan writing this from Pakistan. First and foremost, i would like to thank you people for having me for this GSoD’19 as a technical writer. Let me introduce myself further

2-I’m a Mechanical Engineer and have graduated recently from Air University

3-I’ll be here working essentially to improve the UX with main aim to review OpenMRS wiki to be more user friendly easy-to-navigate for users in general and non-technical users in particular 4- Telegram is banned here :frowning:

5-I choose OpenMRS as my first priority because i like the idea. Save lives. Its one of my hobby to work for betterment of world in ways we can. Afterall, what else is our purpose of existence?

6-I love chocolates and reading books :stuck_out_tongue:

7- GSoD page

8- For reviewing for improved UX: organizing information using IA, i’d prefer site mapping technique and adobe illustrator for that and for refactoring part, i guess i’ll use github?

9- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2 Likes

Welcome, @ayesh, @batbrain7, and @marslan8530 - we are really excited to have you join us for this first Season of Docs experience!

2 Likes

Welcome @ayesh, @batbrain7, and @marslan8530!

2 Likes

Congrats to you @ayesh ,@batbrain7 and @marslan8530. Enjoy your stay Here.

3 Likes

Considering Our Timelines , We are almost Done withe Bonding Period ,we hope all is done well in regards to bonding .If there are still any Queries or Questions please freely ask the Mentors or Admins and otherwise , because the documentation process officially begins 2 September Next week.

Best Tendo