As we are preparing our proposal submission for the GSoD based on your suggestions we have developed the following project ideas which we would like the community to provide input.
These projects are going to be put forward to technical writers who will be applying to work with organizations such as OpenMRS to help improve their user documentation.
We are therefore asking community members to please review the proposed projects and provide comments where applicable.
We are also appealing for volunteer to be mentors on the proposed projects to work with the technical writers . The main roles of the mentors would be to:
- Provide more context to the project problem 2hrs
- Brainstorm potential ideas to resolve the project problem 1.5 hrs
- Agree on Project Solution Approach 0.5hrs
- Meet with technical writer at agreed intervals to review and discuss writers progress (4-6 meetings , duration to be decided between mentor and writer)
- Approve of completed documentation project
More detailed explanation on roles and responsibilities of mentors can be found here
The main OpenMRS 2019 GSoD page can also be found here
Please provide your comments on this talk thread