GSoD 2019: Improved REST API Documentation

@ayesh can you help us understand the purpose for it .Thanks alot

@tendomart

As we have integrated slate now it can be deployed in GitHub pages after running a build in Travis. To do the deployment to GitHub pages Travis needs a token for the repo which @burke will generate

1 Like

Alright thanks for the clarification.

Check it out!

https://rest.openmrs.org

It would be nice to add some brief introductory information, so instead of “Current version” visitors first see some welcoming text that – for example – lets them know they are looking at the OpenMRS REST API.

You guys are killing me (in a good way) with a battery of PRs; I’ll try to get PRs merged as quickly as I can. In doing so, I may need to let some things slide so we can come back and address them post-merge. For example, I’d like to avoid using “subresource” (or “sub resource”) too often. It’s fine to let folks know when something is a subresource of another resource, but we don’t need to call that out in every reference. For example, IMHO it’s more natural/fun to read documentation about “person names” than “person name subresources.” :slightly_smiling_face:

FWIW, I am able to build the documentation locally without ruby by using the magic of Docker: :slightly_smiling_face:

$ docker run --rm -it -v $PWD:/app -w /app ruby:2.4.0 /bin/bash -c \
    "apt-get update; apt-get install -y nodejs; \
    bundle install; bundle exec middleman build"
$ open build/index.html
1 Like

Awesome @burke finally we have it up and running

Great teamwork @burke @batbrain7 you guys are awesome :star_struck::star_struck:

Sure we can attend them also I am thinking about creating few tasks for GCI from this anythoughts about it.

This is right we have to do it. As I mentioned give us time till 14th to complete work on the object types then yes will attend the overview docs.

Awesome!! Thanks @ayesh @burke

the demo server is down again, could someone assist?

Demo resetting… done. Back up.

@batbrain7 is it up again ??

yes @tendomart it’s up

1 Like

@ayesh & @batbrain7, I just completed a round of PRs with ~70 comments for you.

1 Like

Hi @burke

Sure will attend them

sure @burke will address and fix them

@burke @batbrain7

FYI :-

I changed the screen size of the header text because with the default text size in slate for h4 afterward headers it’s not readable for end-users

I thought it will be good to maintain > = 15px text size convention for headers in the site

This link returns 404 error @burke, @ayesh

I had set the custom domain manually and Travis was removing it when building. I added fqdn to the deploy section of .travis.yml. That should maintain the custom domain going forward.