GSoC 2024 Contributor Application Period is Open!

Hey everyone!

The contributor application period for Google Summer of Code 2024 kicked off on 2024-03-18T18:00:00Z! :star2::tada: It’s on until 2024-04-02T18:00:00Z. You can now apply through the GSoC 2024 Dashboard :rocket:

What should potential GSoC contributors do? :thinking:

• Check out the Wiki page to make sure your dream project is on the list!

• Grab the application and proposal template from here. :memo: (Just hit File->Make a Copy to get started on your application!)

• Take a look at our proposal guidelines and check out previous GSoC contributors’ proposals for inspiration.

• Also, when you’re preparing your project proposal, don’t miss to watch the awesome session we had last year on proposal writing. You’ll get some extra tips and insights! :memo::bulb:

• Once your application is polished, submit it via the GSoC 2024 dashboard, so the mentors can review and provide feedback! Note: You can tweak and update your application on the dashboard as many times as you like during the application period.

• Don’t wait until the last minute! Try to submit early so you can refine your application based on feedback. :alarm_clock:

• Remember, be innovative! :bulb:

Got any questions about the application or project proposal? Drop them here! :arrow_down:

7 Likes

Hello! This is Sharath MH , I am willing to join as a gsoc contributor. Hope I’ll be joining the team before Apr 2nd. Thank you for the guidelines in the above post

1 Like

Hi all, There are some slight changes to our GSoC project proposal template. You can find the updated template here: GSOC Student Application and Proposal Template - Google Docs

PS: No need to worry if you’ve already submitted your proposal.

1 Like

ok thank you!..very helpful

Hello @piumal1999 , I got issues with the maven tool . Can you please guide me through this . I need to make my contribution before the proposal submission.

Hi @sharath3002, please create a new Talk thread under the Development category outlining your issue. Include the relevant error logs as well.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Just a few hours left until the deadline for contributor applications! Make sure you submit your finalized project proposal through the GSoC dashboard on time. Because you won’t be able to make any edits or additions after the deadline. Remember, only proposals submitted through the GSoC dashboard will be reviewed.

The deadline is 2024-04-02T18:00:00Z.

Hope you’ve had a great experience during this contributor application period! Good luck to you all!

4 Likes