GSoC 2022: Redo Legacy UI Cohort Builder - Project Updates

I made the requested changes. can you review again? @jayasanka

Hello, Here’s the PR for improving the tablet and small desktop views.

Hello, Here’s the PR search by drug orders. Since we don’t have the latest reporting module on dev3 this won’t work. I developed this locally.

@dkayiwa can we get the latest update on dev3?

cc: @jayasanka @bistenes

@anjisvj dev3 is already referencing the latest snapshot version of the reporting module. Which means it should automatically pick up those changes when deployed. And from this CI build plan, the latest deployment happened 3 days ago which should already have your changes: Reference Application - Distribution 3.x 168: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

Hello :vulcan_salute:, Here’s the PR search composition.

A composition query combines together the results of multiple cohorts using the logical operators: AND, OR and NOT.

To use this query you need to already have query results in your search history. Those existing query results can then be combined to yield the results of the composition query.

For example: if search history #1 is a cohort of patients who are males, and if search history #2 is a cohort of patients with ages between 23 and 35 years; then ‘1 AND 2’ will result in a cohort of patients who are males with ages between 23 and 35 years.

cc: @jayasanka @bistenes

One of the requirements of this project was to build a scheduler to run the saved cohorts to create an up-to-date patient list for the matching criteria. But we have a solution for this already. Which is the saved queries option. This feature allows you to save only the query definition(without the patients) so that you can run this query to get up-to-date patient lists, which gives a better solution for having the latest patient lists.

Here are the steps you can try yourself. Here’s the link for cohort builder

1. Create a search

1. Scroll down to the search history table and select options. Then click save query.

1. Give it a name

2. Head over to saved queries (might wanna refresh). The saved query will be there.

1. From the table select the view option. It will get the latest patient list matching the criteria.

Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

cc: @grace @jdick @jayasanka @bistenes

1 Like

Hi Anjula! I think that satisfies the initial requirement and it seems better than using a scheduler.

1 Like

Thank you @zacbutko for the 4.0 migration PR. After the migration, the UI layout was broken because of the new version of the carbon design. I was working on fixing them and here’s the PR. Can you review this? @jayasanka

Next, I will work on fixing the tests that broke due to this migration. Thank you!

Hello, Here’s the PR for fixing the tests that were skipped due to the 4.0 migration

1 Like

Hello everyone! I have some concerns regarding the “Search by SQL Queries” features. One of the main concerns is security(ex: SQL injection). It’s difficult to create an API that covers all the security issues and will be hard to maintain as well.

Another reason is, that this feature cannot be used by someone who doesn’t know SQL and the database schema.

Instead of the SQL query runner, we can extend the search criteria. ex: Search by allergies. Which will be safer and user-friendly.

Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

cc: @grace @jdick @jayasanka @bistenes

1 Like

Here’s the PR for cohort members not saving issue. can you review this? @dkayiwa

I agree with you @anjisvj ! We need to further validate the requirement. I think it would be better if we could move it to the outer scope and polish up the current features.

1 Like

@dkayiwa drug orders still not working due to the version mismatch I guess. I think it got changed in this discussion. It should be 2.4.* right?

@anjisvj oh sorry for having misled you. It should have been 9.* instead of 1.9.*.

Feel free to raise another pull request for the same ticket and i will review and merge it immediately.

No worries. @dkayiwa I’ll send a PR ASAP.

Here’s the PR. @dkayiwa

Reviewed and merged. Thanks @anjisvj for following it up to the very end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the final evaluation talk post,

Hello, I need to add a link to the cohort builder so the user can use it to visit the cohort builder. In the legacy UI it’s in the navigation bar.

In O3 I guess I can add it to the app. menu?

@ibacher @zacbutko @jayasanka

This might be a better question for our design team @cduffy and @pauladams. I’m not sure what the goal of the cohort builder is within O3. For my app I was going to have a redirect workflow - a button to take you to the cohort builder and then redirect logic to put you back in the app after - so really in that workflow it wouldn’t need any permanent links. From that regard maybe this is more like “patient registration” resource. But I’ll defer to the experts.

1 Like