GSoC 2022: Contributor application period from 4 April to 19 April 2022

According to the GSoC timeline, the contributor application period starts today onwards and will end on April 19 - 18:00 UTC.

Interested contributors can now begin submitting their GSoC project proposals at Home | Google Summer of Code, making sure to follow the OpenMRS Application Template.

We recommend contributors to submit draft proposals( before submitting the final proposal) through the site using Google Docs for these (with sharing settings set up) in the early days, to allow mentors to review and comment directly on the proposal. Please don’t expect a mentor to review your proposals on the last day of the deadline. So be active and prepare to submit it as early as possible.

Final proposals must be submitted in PDF format by April 19 18:00 UTC

Note: This year, GSoC has made some changes to contributor eligibility. Google Summer of Code remains “a global, online mentoring program focused on introducing new contributors to open source software development.” If you are considering submitting a proposal, please read the GSoC program rules to confirm that you meet GSoC’s new contributor eligibility criteria. If you are not eligible because you have previously participated in GSoC as a student or have been significantly active in our community for a while, we encourage you to explore other ways of making GSoC a success.

If you have any questions, please raise it in the talk or in the respected threads to clarify.

cc: @jennifer @herbert24 @grace

3 Likes

Excited to be a part of this year’s GSoC with OpenMRS :smile:

1 Like

you might need to look at this cc @deb

I’m looking to contribute to OpenMRS 3.0, I’ve won Google Code-in from OpenMRS in past :smile:

you can checkout our projects for this year here Summer Of Code 2022 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

Yes, I’ve already checked that out

I’ll submit proposal for OpenMRS 3.0 Responsiveness Project, the project mentor is JJ/Ampath, I think I can do that pretty well

I’ve started exploring the code, will submit proposal after doing some jira tickets

1 Like

sure that’s awesome

To All GSoC’22 Aspirants, note the following recommendations.

1. Make sure you provide a google doc link within your proposal so that mentors can have access to provide you feedback on your work. If you submitted your proposal already make sure you add the link and update your proposal at Home | Google Summer of Code
  2. Ensure to create a talk thread concerning the project of interest and discuss ideas with the project mentors. Also include a link to your proposal so that you get feedback from the mentors and as well from community members.
  3. Be ready to address the comments made to your proposal by the mentors before the application deadline.

For any concern feel free to reach out on Talk and we’ll do our best to help you!

cc: @grace @jennifer @herbert24

3 Likes