GSoC 2021 - System Management - Tejas Deshpande

Hi team, my name is Tejas Deshpande, I am a tech enthusiast and CS sophomore at BITS Pilani, India. I am glad to be a part of Openmrs community. I have been connecting with the community members and going through the docs since the past few weeks, and am quite impressed by the Openmrs culture and the community support. Contributing to Openmrs seems to be a great opportunity for me to sharpen my dev skills along with adding value to Openmrs users spread across the globe.

Other than being a frequent contributor in times to come, I am also planning to be a student contributor in GSoC 2021. Over the past year I have been working on several MERN stack projects and am well versed with Micro frontend Architecture, React, TypeScript, and JavaScript. After having gone through GSoC 2021: System Management under GSOC 2021: Modernizing Administration functions for OpenMRS, I find myself to be a perfect fit for the project. Another reason for choosing this project was that it seems “more to do” and more engaging than the rest.

Given this, I am starting this thread to gather more information regarding this project and also to get thoughts on this project from the Mentors, Project Champions, GSoC Admins and anyone who has some ideas which could be of help. Also, I plan to draft my proposal and prepare UI/UX for the project and get feedback from the UI/UX team so that it looks the best.

I have gone through the project requirements and want to know more about them!

Thank you for reading this out. I appreciate your efforts in running this community so well. :slight_smile:

Cc: All GSoC Admins, Project Champions, and Project Developers at MFE squad. @grace @jennifer @herbert24 @mozzy @ibacher @burke @bistenes @florianrappl @dkigen @dkibet @jdick @mksd

3 Likes

thanks @tejasd for your interest in GSOC 2021,incase of any questions during the process, you can reach out to us here

1 Like

Hi team! I have submitted my draft proposal on GSoC’s platform for review. I request you all to please go through it and drop your valuable feedback by commenting on the document. Your constructive feedback will be very beneficial to me.

Thank you all! CC: @grace @jennifer @herbert24 @mozzy @burke @dkayiwa @bistenes @florianrappl @jdick @ibacher @mksd

3 Likes