GSoC 2019: UI for Common Lab Test Module

@tahira I will be available as well.

1 Like

@tahira so far i have been able to run durn the module and it was successful. I used the sdk with maven version 3.2.5. found the problem and fixed it. so am good to go.

@wandji69 that’s great! Sorry for responding late. Couldn’t respond earlier due to some unavoidable circumstances.

So, did you explore all the use cases of the module that how it works. Do you have any question related to that? Any confusions?

are you available at 4 UTC today for a call?

@tahira am sorry for the late reply, i had some issues with my laptop so had to fix it up since coding start this week.

I explored all the used cases of the module.

1 Like

Hi @tahira,

I am sorry for missing today’s call it was due to some school work. i was able to make the module run and was able to view to view it on the web and explore all the types.

Hi, here is my blog for week 1

1 Like

Hi @wandji69, thanks for the update. I hope you’re enjoying GSoC so far :slight_smile:

I want to follow up on the the tasks which I assigned you during the call on 30th May (Thursday).

• Project plan: You have not planned project on week level. I see that there is still no update on that after I have repeatedly mentioned this to you. Please let me know if you’re having trouble working on that. But please make sure, this time you thouroughly work on project plan. Just on side note, according to the plan mentioned in the proposal, you won’t be doing anything between 10th June and 24th June. Does that make sense?

• React tutorial: Please update me your status on react learning.

• OWA app: That’s great that you were able to build the exising Common Lab module for legacy UI. Understanding that you’re learning React, I expected at least first UI for “Add Test Type” as two weeks have already passed since the GSoC Coding phase has officially began. Therefore, please update me progress on OWA app. If there are any issues, we can discuss those either here or on call.

• GSoC Blog: It was good to see your first blog for GSoC meanwhile looking forward to Week-2 blog :slight_smile: Please have a look here at http://planet.openmrs.org/ to see other students blogs for reference. However, there are some points which I want to highlight:

• There are some writing/grammatical mistakes in Week 1 blog.
    • Some difficult terminologies should be explained first. For example, readers don’t know what is ‘Yo’ which you have referenced in blog.
    • Reading blog before publishing helps in avoiding many grammatical/writing mistakes.
    • It is good to write blogs following Subjective writing style unless you are writing an instruction manual/guide. Subjective writing involves “I” where the blogger talks about his own experience etc.) rather than Objective. Currently, you are using Objective style. You can work on this in your next blog.

@wandji69 I would want to conduct a call tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10 am UTC. Please let me know your availability as this call is very important to discuss progress in GSoC.

@tahira, i will make myself available for tomorrow call, and will make sure i update you on the proposal and also i have made some changes to the blog. Regarding my progress on the React Course I’m getting along and currently on tutorial 16. i will also update you with my week two blog and work progress by the end of the day.

thanks.

Sorry for not making the changes to the proposal on time as requested, I had issues with my project since I updated some dependencies and later could not deploy to my local server, I had to figure it out

1 Like

@tahira please take a look at this Proposal update for the first part of the workflow. i will love to know if its good so i can break the other parts down as well

Hi @wandji69,

Our today’s call dropped suddenly and I was trying to reach out to you but you were not there. As you told me earlier that there are some internet issues and your laptop is also too slow :slight_smile: I hope our next call is better.

The summary of today’s call:

• I have explained you About Common Lab Test Metadata
  • Lab Test Types (Add/Edit)
  • Lab Test Attribute Types (Add/Edit)
  • The concepts of Group Name and Multiset Name that how do we handle group questions and the questions which can have multiple answers, etc.

We had to discuss other tasks like project plan and OWA app which unfortunately we couldn’t discuss. Please post your questions here. And also let me know in which part you have made changes in workflow in proposal?

1 Like

Okay thanks @tahira

Dear @wandji69,

Please have a look at this thread for react OWA example ReactJS OWA example. Code can be found here https://github.com/djazayeri/openmrs-owa-reactexample. Please build this app and let me know if you have any problem.

Also, in last post I asked you about the changes you have made in proposal? Please let me know in which part the changes have been made.

Thanks @tahira

@wandji69 you missed my question probably from last couple of posts?? :slight_smile:

I made changes in the first phase (Pre-Midterm evaluation) of the proposal

1 Like

@wandji69 Sorry couldn’t respond to you yesterday. I’ve gone through changes and it is better now. You can continue updating the rest of the plan in project proposal.

@wandji69, waiting for your response still.

As you committed on personal message to update me about your status by yesterday. Didn’t hear from you anything. You must be aware that First Evaluations are approaching. I would reiterate if you’re having problems/issues/blockers, communicate those to me beforehand.

HI @tahira,

Am sorry for the late reply, I had some school work to attend to. i had some blockers but have push my code to my git repo. you could take a look at my progress. Also due to my machine i decided to write the code first on a normal react application before transferring it to my owa directory since i just needed to work. I made this decision because running the openmrs server and the react watch server together with other application running slows down my machine. I will also love to ask if we can have a call today at 10am UTC my time. to discuss what way forward and how first evaluation will look like. Here is the link to my git repo https://github.com/Wandji69/openmrs-owa-commonlabtest