GSoC 2019: Student Introductions

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to everyone in the OpenMRS community involved in making my selection into GSoC 2019 possible! :heart_eyes: And congratulations to all fellow students on getting selected into this amazing opportunity to learn & grow!

1. Hi, I’m Rishav Rakshit from Gurgaon, India!

2. I’m currently a senior undergraduate student in the CSE Department at Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT).

3. My mentors are the wonderful @maimoonak and @judeniroshan and we shall be working on the Patient Flags Module OWA .

• The project involves the development of a simple yet effective open web app (OWA) to the pre-existing Patient Flags Module using ReactJS and focuses on usability and robustness while maintaining the standards of the Reference Application. [OpenMRS Talk Thread]
  1. My Telegram nickname is rakshir1. I’m also available on Skype at live:rishavrakshit_1

2. What interests me about OpenMRS - We have the desire to impact the lives of people whom the corporate medical industry forgot about.The OpenMRS community not only writes code, but also has taken the initiative to save lives - even those without deep pockets.

3. Interesting Fact: I’m a huge machine and deep learning buff and recently developed a software that can detect violence in CCTV footage and alert law enforcement authorities. [Project DeepView] So if you wanna have a chat about ML, I’m all game! :sunglasses:

4. Previous open source contributions - I’ve previously been attached to the Mozilla Foundation and used to run a Mozilla Campus Club. However, OpenMRS is my first venture into coding for an open source organization!

5. Apart from loving ML, I’m also a fan of clean UI design. Hence I would like to introduce (and plan to extensively use) the Pencil prototyping tool for developing UI mockups before development :slight_smile:

Looking forward to a great experience with the community!

Cheers,

Rishav.

5 Likes