GSoC 2019 - OpenMRS Primay/Backup Mentor Recruitment

Hi all,

We are waiting for GSoC accepted Org announcement on Feb 26, and Hope to be there as the previous years. We already had about 15 projects for this year GSoC, and planned to have some more in the coming days.

Timeline

• 06 February: Organization Application Deadline
  • 25 March - 06 April : Student Application Period
  • 27 May - 26 August: Coding
  • 24 -28 June: Mentors and students submit Phase I evaluations
  • 22- 26 July: Mentors and students submit Phase II evaluations
  • 26 August - 02 September: Mentors final evaluations

GSoC Project Ideas : https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Summer+Of+Code+2019

We need more mentors since each project needs a primary mentor and backup mentor. So If you have some time for mentoring a student for a project, please reach us. I can sure that, it will be huge support for OpenMRS and a student who is going to work on a project. Please go through our GSoC projects for this year, and let us know your interests for primary mentor/backup mentor.

Please fill this Google Form, if you would like to become a primary mentor/backup mentor for a project,

Thanks.

4 Likes

Cc : @judeniroshan, @lahiruj, @sumangala28, @madushan, @ivange94, @dev2, @dev3, @dev4, @dev5

3 Likes

Mentor recruitments for this year GSoC will be closed by 03 March, So if anyone is planning to mentor for any projects listed here, please reach us as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Cc : @dev1, @dev2, @dev3
Thanks

Is this a Google requirement? I just registered. Wondering if it’s already too late.

No issues @ivange94, We will add you to the list :smiley:

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest to provide your mentorship through GSoC 2019. We are reviewing your applications, and will assign to a project (Mostly we already assigned). So then, I’m going to invite all the accepted mentors to GSoC web portal through your email (which is provided by you) by this weekend. So please keep eye on your inboxes in the coming weekend :slight_smile:.

Please reach me, if you haven’t get your mentor invitation by next Thursday (12th March 2019).

Accepted Mentor List : https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Summer+Of+Code+2019

Regards, Suthagar