Automation of create-openmrs-owa with React Components
- Primary mentor: @judeniroshan
- Backup mentor: @mogoodrich, @suthagar23
- Student: @beingtmk
- Project Link: Wiki Link
- Final Repository Links: Example Script, Minimal Script
This Project is based upon the openmrs-react-components library, which provides Common React components to be used in any owa based on the OpenMRS platform.
The Project involved adding new components and publishing a npm package to generate a Minimal & Example template based on the above components library. (Detailed Objectives mentioned below)
- New Form Components (Completed)
- Search & Auto-Complete component (Completed)
- Drag & Drop Upload Component (Completed)
So as of now there are 3 ways i think, i can keep contributing to the OpenMRS community.
- Maintain & Enhance the work i have done untill now. (Example & Minimal script)
- As i have spent ample amount of time with openmrs-react-components library, participating in enhancement of this library would be the next step.
- Branch out into new projects where i may be able to contribute.
Thoughts on GSoC
GSoC was a once-in-a-lifetime experience to put it directly. I have learnt numerous new things while working on the requirements of this project.
It turned out to be way different than what i thought GSoC would be. There are many important skills that i learnt through this GSoC which will stay with me life-long, Consistency (working on a single project day-in and day-out) and Time Management (keeping with the deadlines).
I have lost the Open-Source Phobia, i once had and am glad to say that, working with OpenMRS have given me the courage to start contributing to other Open-Source projects, one of which would be apollo-starter-kit.
I intend to be a part of OpenMRS community forever, as i am in this for the long run.
Thank You, OpenMRS and my mentors to have started this New Open-Source chapter of my life.