GSOC 2019 : Attachments Module Enhancements

Yes I guess it must be true :wink:

However the key aspect of OWAs and OpenMRS is to enforce the decoupling backend vs frontend. They have provided a way to bring UIs to OpenMRS without being tied too much to a given UI framework.

This intro to OWA was probably written a long time ago, it states a number of obvious things about what everybody nowadays expect of web apps. I guess for you it’s more important to dig into React than the OWA specification.

2 Likes

@mksd, @ivange94 i updated the proposal with Migrating the current components as main goal. It still need edits and completions to reach the final form. Any feedback or ideas to add are welcome . Thank you :).

1 Like

I improved the proposal by adding some implementation details and by extending some topics. Would be very helpful if someone can give me some tips about what to change or add . This will be probably my last update because there are 3 day and 20 hours left before the deadline. Thanks ! Have a great day !:slight_smile:

I am reviewing all proposals now.

1 Like

@andu033 left some feedback for you. Check your draft proposal and GSoC website.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will try to do the requested changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

@andu033, @ryan97 and @wandji69 as you guys may have noticed, two projects are been discussed here. So I renamed the projects on the gsoc page. Instead of having one Attachments Module Enhancement, I have created

Update your proposal titles accordingly.

1 Like

I will go for Build new UI for Attachments Module as an OWA. Thanks. After proposal period i will start experimenting and creating prototypes for UI .

I did the changes (title, not saying refactoring because is a new UI, added link to project etc…). If there is anything i could do to improve the proposal about the content, structure or anything let me know. Thanks . :slight_smile:

@andu033 thanks for the edits and good job so far. But I still don’t see the mockups. Under your Implementation section, each point should carry one or more mockups of how the finished design will look like.

Also pick a document format and give a technical solution of how you plan to handle it in the UI.

Ok. I will do some mockups today.

You all should submit your final proposals now even if it’s not complete. You cannot be accepted without a final PDF on the dashboard.

I think I will send it soon. Tommorow I have 8 hours at university and now I need to go to sleep. It was a bad timing for me sadly. :(. I’m sorry

Can you submit your final pdf? Convert your current draft to a PDF and upload.

Yes i’m doing this right now.

Ok. I did.

1 Like

@andu033 congratulations on getting accepted. Looking forward to working with you during this summer :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for choosing me. I can’t wait to work with you. I will start exploring and setting everything at the end of this week. If you have any materials about that let me know. I will work hard to make you proud because you chose me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found this useful when learning reactjs https://reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html.

Also try to attend OpenMRS daily scrum on irc.

Refine your proposal, add mockups, proper milestones, etc. I will help you with this.

And never hesitate to ask me anything. I’m not very frequent on irc but I’ll try to for the duration of the summer. My IRC handle is l4rry.

3 Likes

Hi @ivange94 i finished the tutorial from you and now i was trying to setup my enviroment for this module, cloned the project but i don’t know how to run. Can you help my with that ? I want to do that to explore a little the project and how it is structured and the controllers etc.Both client and server.

1 Like