GSoC 2018-HTML Form Entry Module and REST

I will advice anyone interested in this project to first take a look at the current html form entry module documentation and familiarize themselves with the current workflow. When an html for is saved, an encounter is created and every field in the form is saved as an observation. Your REST endpoint has to take care of that.

Take a look at this post

Here I was able to interact with HTML Forms via REST. To make that happen, I needed for these forms to be created with the HTML Form entry module and I took note of the form ID, the concept IDs of the obs used in the form and I had I created an endpoint for each for inside a custom module and when a request is made this my endpoint, I programmatically created an encounter and attached obs to this encounter. So in some ways this module provides a REST api for HTML forms but this module is limited to existing forms and for every new form that I need to handle via REST, I will need to implement a REST endpoint for it.

What I should see in your proposal is how to make this behavior dynamic. That is every new html form created should have a REST endpoint without needing to write code some more code.

An OWA should not be a hard requirement for this. It should just be a proof of concept as we are mostly interested in the REST part of this. But we should have a well tested REST API.

3 Likes