GSoC 2017 - FHIR Module Enhancements | Final presentation

Hi Everyone,

Primary Mentor : Harsha Kumara / @harsha89 Backup Mentor: Daniel Kayiwa / @dkayiwa Student: Kwateng Ofori / @kwateng Project Wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/FHIR+Module+Enhancements+Project

Objectives

• Upgrading HAPI FHIR Library(COMPLETED)
  • Upgrading DSTU2 resources to DSTU3(COMPLETED)
  • Swagger document generation improvements after library upgrade(COMPLETED)
  • Integrate swagger code generator which allows users to generate SDK(MOVED)
  • Research on new FHIR resources which can support for OpenMRS(COMPLETED)
  • Implement GET, PUT, POST, DELETE operations for new resources(COMPLETED)
  • Improve the test coverage(COMPLETED)

Due to the major version upgrade, it took time than expected. My mentor suggested not to do the SDK generation during this summer of code. During this summer of code, I have upgraded HAPI FHIR library to the latest version. Then migrated all DSTU2 resources to DSTU3. Fixed all the issues arose after version upgrade in multiple places including swagger document generation. Added FHIR MedicationRequest resource to the FHIR module which represents OpenMRS DrugOrder.

Documentation

Documentation for the MedicationRequest has added

Project Documentation

Code Contributions and JIRA issues

1. [FM-199] DSTU3 Upgrade for FHIR library Issue: [FM-199] DSTU3 Upgrade for FHIR library - OpenMRS Issues Pull request : GSOC UPGRADING TO DSTU3 VERSION by kwateng · Pull Request #132 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir · GitHub Pull request merge : Merge pull request #132 from kwateng/gsoc-2017 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir@da88dd6 · GitHub

2. [FM-200] Add create, search and get MedicationRequest implementation Issue: [FM-200] Add create, search and get MedicationRequest implementation - OpenMRS Issues Pull request : add create, search and get medication order implementation by kwateng · Pull Request #134 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir · GitHub Pull request merge : Merge pull request #134 from kwateng/gsoc-2017 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir@12cec34 · GitHub

3. [FM-201] Update a medication request Issue: [FM-201] Update a medication request - OpenMRS Issues Pull request : update medication request by kwateng · Pull Request #135 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir · GitHub Pull request merge : Merge pull request #135 from kwateng/gsoc-2017 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir@9f7654c · GitHub

Issues Created

1. [FM-194] ResourceNotFoundException exception does not take Encounter class extend from Resource class as argument in STU3 migration Issue: [FM-194] ResourceNotFoundException exception does not take Encounter class extend from Resource class as argument in STU3 migration - OpenMRS Issues

2. [FM-195] Condition.Status unmapped Issue: [FM-195] Condition.Status unmapped - OpenMRS Issues

3. [FM-196] No attachment in ImageStudy Issue: [FM-196] No attachment in ImageStudy - OpenMRS Issues

4. [FM-197] Obs with setEncounter removed STU3 Issue: [FM-197] Obs with setEncounter removed STU3 - OpenMRS Issues

5. [FM-198] Migrating to STU3 encounter.setIndication(indications); not found Issue: [FM-198] Migrating to STU3 encounter.setIndication(indications); not found - OpenMRS Issues

Project Discussions

Blog

Screenshots

Get Medication Request Resource By Id

Create Medication Request

Created Medication Request Representation

Mid Term Video

Experience

It’s a good experience to work with OpenMRS. My mentor helped me a lot when I faced difficult situations. Community members are very helpful. Thank you for giving this valuable opportunity.

Suggestions to improve the program

The program is well arranged. It would be nice to have a session(Google Hangout) online with the participation of all students and mentors.

Thank you very much for my mentor @harsha89 and all the community members.

Referemces

(1) FHIR Module Enhancements Project - Projects - OpenMRS Wiki (2) Index - FHIR v5.0.0

3 Likes

Thank you for your contributions @kwateng :). Keep up your good work.

@harsha89 @kwateng Hi, I am interested in contributing to FHIR module at GSOC-2018, Feel free to give me some tips to get started. Thanks

@madushan my common advice to all students is that, checkout the code go through it, install the module play it with bit and if you found any code level issue you can create a JIRA and submit a pull request. :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

@harsha89 I am currently working on FM-171. I will try for a PR. Thanks for the tips.

@harsha89 Shall I go on and create a new thread dedicated for FHIR Module GSOC 2018 to make it easier for potential contributors?