Anonymous Patient Registration Project
Project wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Anonymous+Patient+Registration+Project+Documentation Mentor: Sara Fatima Student: NipunThathsara
Openmrs already supports registration of Unknown patients. Even though this feature is a key component that should be available in platform , it was not implemented in the platform at the first place. Main objective of this project is to move the feature to the platform.
- Find out required modules for this function to work - RegistrationApp module, RegistrationCore Module (DONE)
- Make this work out of the box in the reference application - Feature has tested multiple times in different conditions,Works fine out of the box with the reference application. Mentor and community verified the result (DONE)
- Find out the path to have the feature in the platform - Logic that is specific for Unknown patient registration has been written in the RegistrationApp module. This logic has to be moved to the platform. And should resolve dependency issues that might occur(DONE)
- Implement the solution (DONE)
Committed to three repositories
- Openmrs-core - github Commits i. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-core/commit/a1efb660cf5b2017270ea8160cc460f165e52bd2 ii. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-core/commit/df556e306273c38ec4c0522b4664ee9472f1890c iii. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-core/commit/e271240f22a785a2d341e1840b0eebc18c1efc9c
- RegistrationApp module - github Commits i. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-module-registrationapp/commit/93725dbf07833acc968c3d0b6bcc0b423314e7cf ii. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-module-registrationapp/commit/7f080d9dd7a9569e8b4f034f4c5c72618e06d11d
- RegistrationCore module - github Commits i. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-module-registrationcore/commit/915683fdf9d148f958717429131f6694fe69c2c4 ii. https://github.com/nipunthathsara/openmrs-module-registrationcore/commit/15d70f0b7ab239a7395717f95d86096b4c07bfc8
Descriptive documentation on this project including, i. Code samples ii. Previous implementation iii. Instructions on running the project Can be found in this document.
GSoC with Openmrs
This was not the first time i’m contributing to the Openmrs. From the start i’ve noticed that the community is being very welcome and extremely helpful on new comers. Even the simplest questions will be answered without any hesitations on the forums. This quality encourages developers to contribute to this project more and more. Good exposure to open source world with a well organized and well established community. Will continue to contribute to Openmrs even after the GSoC and do recommend to select Openmrs as your GSoC organization and as your daily dose of Open source .
What can be improved Since the project has grown exponentially, it might be hard to a new comer to get an idea within few minutes of reading. Therefore documentation can definitely be improved with some quality video tutorials.
It’s been a nice summer with Openmrs.