GSoC 2014 Student introductions

Hi all,

This is Kesha Shah, a pre-final year undergraduate student pursuing B.Tech in ICT (Information and Communication technology) from Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gujarat, India. I am the Vice-Chair of ACM-DAIICT chapter, Convener at Programming Club at DAIICT; Google-code In 2013 mentor and Google Summer of Code 2013 student with BRL-CAD. Also, a new chapter of ‘Women Who Code’ in Gujarat is on its way, which will be co-founded by me shortly.

This summer, I would be working with @judy on the project “Blocking Algorithm”. Basically, the project is developing and implementing a data blocking algorithm that quickly uses the data elements entered during this registration to determine if the patient is existing or new to the system , or is in the 'grey zone ’ that requires processing by the patient matching module implemented in openMRS.

I am right now working on an information retrieval task for User-centered eHealth queries under clef 2014. I am particularly interested in medical domain- like using technology for making medical data and records easily accessible and available, which is why I am particularly interested in contributing to OpenMRS. And during my rural internship, I had experienced the same kind of problem as in this project. Plus, this project has an algorithmic as well as mathematical touch, which was like a cherry on cake. I think, this is the mystery behind my connection with OpenMRS and particularly this project. :smile:

And the last part, one interesting fact about me - I usually find things which people call hard to be easy and things which people call easy to be difficult. As for instance, I delayed posting this introduction, just for the mere fact that I had to think hard for this last question :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers !

Regards, Kesha Shah keshashah.com

3 Likes