Google Code-in 2015: Seeking volunteer mentors!

Hi all,

OpenMRS plans to apply for the Google Code-in 2015 program that will take place between Dec - Jan (2015-2016) Google Code-in Archive.

You may be aware that we participated in this program last year with great success.

We’re confident that this year will be even better, and are anxious to take part! If you’re willing to participate in this program as a mentor for OpenMRS, and help high school students aged 13-17 complete various tasks using OpenMRS, please respond to this thread, and we’ll get back to you shortly.

Remember, GCI tasks are not limited to development work - they can also involve documentation, testing, QA, community outreach etc.

For a quick idea on what potential GCI tasks look like, please refer to - OpenMRS Issues

8 Likes

This is great, I am in @surangak @cshah, @yousefhamza, @uzanysa We really appreciate if you guys could participate as GSoC, GCI alumnus mentors. :smile: @parkererway of course if you aren’t contesting this time.

5 Likes

Nice @surangak will definitely participate in this. @k_joseph @maany you in for this too?

4 Likes

@ch3ck: I absolutely can’t miss this :smile:

7 Likes

Would love to @harshadura ! Count me in @surangak! Been AFK these past few months because of sixth form exams :sweat_smile: but will be free when November ends just in time for GCI 2015

4 Likes

Hi @surangak

I Would love to be a google code in mentor. But i must say i have no mentorship experience with any opensource project and i hope openmrs gives this opportunity to have that experience.

3 Likes

@uzanysa, awesome Zoe! :smile: wish you all the best with your school exams

4 Likes

+1 will be join :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will be a mentor.

4 Likes

Me too! :smiley:

5 Likes

Our GCI 2015 application is in! So lets start working on some new task ideas. I am expecting that we can start discussing task ideas in our GCI category - https://talk.openmrs.org/c/community/google-code-in The application detail is in the Google doc below: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ssk4nTr3z6BOKDbJCmpNOQDdaQA9Rds3tb-lo4RHSZA/edit?usp=sharing

4 Likes

Hi everyone. This is just a reminder that we are still seeking mentors for Google Code-in 2015. Please join us … GCI is a way to get a very very large volume of work done in a very short time, but we need great mentors like you to make it happen. Reply to this topic if you’re willing to join the fun this December!

1 Like

I am interested to mentor Google Code-in 2015.

4 Likes

Well well… Look what came across my Twitter stream:

Congratulations to you righteous OpenMRS leaders and community participants!!!

5 Likes

6 Likes

I am looking forward to get started. I have already been in Open Source for about 3 years now and can mentor students!

1 Like