We’re starting to plan for the 2017 Implementers’ Conference! To help guide us in selecting a host country, community leaders have started to work on ‘criteria’ to help in the selection process.
I’ve put some of the proposed ideas below; what do you think? What other ideas do you have?
Also, what country do you think would be a great location for our global meet up?
Some proposed criteria are below:
- Significant local OpenMRS community activity (ie, presence of regional community within country, hackathons, longstanding community membership, etc)
- Country helps support long term strategic interests of the OpenMRS community
- Easy access (ie, good international airport, liberal visa policies, local transportation)
- Travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting
- Safety and stability (SOFT CRITERIA). This is a little tricky, as people live and work in places that are not that stable, but US citizens travelling under federal funding have more difficulty with elective travel to countries or cities for which the US State Department has issued an active travel advisory.
- Commitment to OpenMRS as a network, regional, or country level platform for patient-level record keeping (ideally, this commitment would come directly from a country’s MOH or top health leadership)
- Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources / sponsorship
- Underserved environment
- Willingness to host OpenMRS clinical site visits
Let your thoughts and ideas be heard below!!