GCI-2017: Plans, proposals, and open invite to join in!

Introducing yourself to the mentors meet and greet thread is usually a task on it’s on. Sometimes students get confused thinking they’ve completed the task already when instead they introduced themselves to the general Welcome, please introduce yourself thread.

About the images, feel free to change them. I think that logo was designed by GCI student just like the promotional video beside it. Maybe using it was a way of making use of their work. I think the GCI logo you proposed was actually there last year since that’s what I have on my T-Shirt but feel free to change them if you think it tells the story better.

Update After saying this I realize you may not have edit permissions to do that. But that’s highly unlikely. If you can’t update it then let me know I’ll do.

1 Like

@suthagar23 Since you know video editing well, it would be nice if you could probably edit and update the GCI promotional video(for OpenMRS) to use the latest logo and details please?

I guess we can make this as a GCI task. Isn’t that so? :slight_smile:

Yah Sure, I will make required changes. Actually, I thought we would like to be updated with Google. It is a good way to express them that we are in action :smile:

@reubenv I will go through and do some changes if I can.

@judeniroshan Yah We can create this as the GCI task too! I will consider this tasks while working on the that.

@suthagar23 @judeniroshan We could make it a task too but since this is a promotional video for GCI 2017, wouldn’t it make sense to get it ready before GCI starts?

On the other hand, I feel we could edit it(this can be a task) and remove all instances of a particular year i.e. make it a general promotional video so that it can be reused each year.

2 Likes

@cecilia @chibujax2 @niccie, take a look at this.

This should be a GCI task.

Hello everyone, I’ll like to be a mentor for GCI-2017 as well :smiley:

1 Like

@grimm great to have you mentor. Just thought maybe we should have a badge for our grand prize winners? Maybe inspire some gci students. @burke what do you think? You must probably be very busy with other stuffs. I can do this if I’m pointed to the right direction :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure @grimm can come up with some good design for the badge and I’ll take responsibility in implementing it on talk and assigning it to previous grand prize winners like @cshah, @grimm and @myang4570 if they want.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I would love to be a GCI mentor for OpenMRS. I can mentor students for projects like android-client and dataintegrity-module.

1 Like

Mentors as @judeniroshan mentioned there are a lot of tasks. Let’s go through them and those that are still valid we change their labels from gci2016 to gci2017. And if we need more tasks or of you have some specific tasks you need completed on your project please don’t hesitate to create them.

I’m interested in mentoring as well.

I’m willing to help out with the badge design if needed too.

Thanks @ivange94 for putting us in!

1 Like

Hi mentors

I have gone through http://om.rs/gcisampletasks and I think all categories but coding was covered. We need to have some coding tasks. Please previous GSoCers you’ll probably have an idea of what kind of coding task you can have on your projects. These can be simple bug fixes or small feature implementations. Or even writing tests cases.

1 Like

And please any GCI coding task you create make sure it’s on the GCI jira project and tag it as coding so it will be easy for me to search.

Yah @ivange94. I will have a look at this and will create tasks for the related projects.

1 Like

GCI organisation applications have open. Google will be announcing the selected orgs on 26th so I guess we don’t have a lot of time at hand.

@ivange94 I’m guessing that you’re already looking into it

1 Like

Yeah I noticed. I already have OpenMRS registered. Me and @bholagabbar will work together to complete the Org application. Don’t worry you are in good hands :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet! :smile:

Thanks @reubenv for keeping an eye on this! Thanks @ivange94 and @bholagabbar for getting it going!

1 Like