GCI 2015 participant & mentor virtual meet-and-greet

The way to win is to come to our telegram channel! See this post about what we expect from those who stand a decent chance. TL;DR: make us know who you are!

2 Likes

Hey Myself Rohit I am from India, I have am participating in GCI 2015. I am really fascinated by open source projects as they are backed by so many global developers, I really appreciate the work which openMRS is doing for developing countries in the field of Health care , it’s really greatfull for me to be part of this community

1 Like

Hi, I’m Collins Nji, from Cameroon and I’m participating in GCI 2015 I’m participating in GCI for the first time and I found this interesting because I like coding especially when the code helps someone anytime I’m interested in app development and medical computing :grinning:

1 Like

Hello! My name is Kashyap Sreeram. I am from the United States, specifically Florida. This is my first year participating in Google Code-In. I am very excited to be having this opportunity to learn, as well as to meet other people! I was interested in Google Code-In after I had heard about it, and it was something new I wanted to try out. I have always wanted to explore the world of technology, and I was very interested in everything you could do on OpenMRS, and everything I could explore. I am always interested in learning more about how technology works, and I cannot wait to learn more!

I’m Looking Forward To This Amazing Event!

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I am Syed, currently living in Canada, from Pakistan though. Recently I stumbled upon GCI, so this is my first year. So far I am having a extremely happy reaction to this because I have been looking for something to challenge my self. I also am pretty fortunate to find tasks for openMRS, just because I have worked with it a bit in the past, and found it to be a pretty good platform. Personally the reason I signed up is because I really enjoy programming along with internet securities (Don’t worry I won’t hack anyone). Other than that there isn’t much to me, and I really just want to get involved with this community and possibly another one :^)

Hope everyone enjoys GCI 2015-2016!

3 Likes

Hii! My name is Ioana, I’m 17 and I’m from Romania, quite a nice country I may say. I’ve decided to take part in Google Code-in because I wanted to do something that I could benefit from in the future and I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity. And so far, it has been. I started three days ago with a task from OpenMRS and though, at the beginning, I only chose it because I knew I was able to finish it successfully, I have to admit that, as I completed the design of the brochure and read more about the organisation, I was completely mesmerised by its goal. Combining coding with the medical system is something really genious! As you can already tell, I didn’t participate in Google Code-in last year and now, the part about myself is a bit difficult because of the way I am. I guess I can say I’m indecisive and that influences my interests. I love art, technology, astronomy, human biology and history. My goal is and has always been to develop as many areas of knowledge as I can and that is why I try to do everything in order to achieve this pseudo-perfection. So yes, I am very very excited to complete various tasks and maybe getting to know some of you! Wish you all the best and I am sure that every single one of you is going to make this world a better place by his or her contribution!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’m David and I’m going to be participating in GCI 2015. I live in Washington DC.

In the past I have already done a good bit of open source programming along with a bunch of cybersecurity work, but I’m looking forward to working on some code over my winter break.

Good luck to everyone with the coding!

3 Likes

Hey guys!

I’m Sara from Los Angeles. This will be my first time participating in the GCI, and like everybody else I think I was attracted to OpenMRS because of the idea that I could contribute to the global healthcare movement. Even though I would say I’m more of a computer science oriented person, I also have an avid interest in branching out to help people through medical technology. Because OpenMRS seems like it represents this kind of combination, I think it would really suit my personality, and I’m looking forward to working with everyone in this community! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I have participated in Google Code In 2015. And I am enjoying it. I am getting chance to learn new things with gci. I am from India and i am much interested in app developing. Thank you. Email: yyddrvm■■■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am from Singapore. This is my second time participating in Google Code-in. Participating in GCI allows me to experience working with Open Source Project and familiarize myself with such projects. I like programming and I have participated in some programming competitions. I hope to help contribute to the community and I am looking forward to work with OpenMRS!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Emma, I’m from Florida, and wanted to learn more about programming, and how open-source works, so this is my first year participating in GCI. I love learning about ways to bridge technology with other interests, such as music and robotics.

2 Likes

Hello Friends, I am from Srinagar,Kashmir India.I like the way Google code in is establishing or introducing open source to students and I am great fan of OpenMRS.I am a student of 9 and havent participated in last year gci contest.I am a tough web designer and aprogrammer.i make Drupal themes and i love technology

4 Likes

Hi, I am Abdul Qadeer Rehan currently in Pakistan for my holidays but live in Wales. I really like the way google code in has made it accessible for high school students like me to start working on projects and OpenMRS being one of them. I only heard about Google Code-in this year from my teacher so I didn’t had the opportunity last to participate in it. I really like exploring new technology and going in depth as in how it works or what things are being used by that technology.

3 Likes

Hi,I am Ernus from Singapore and I will be participating in GCI 2015! This will be my first time participating in GCI. I am keen to learn more about how open-source works and I feel that Google Code-In enables me to do so easily and OpenMRS is one such example.For my interests,I would say I like coding(i started with HTML and CSS) and browsing the web for new technology that interests me.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi, I’m from the United States. I didn’t participate in Google Code-in last year, but I like the ability to be introduced to open-source projects. I’m interested in aerospace engineering and astrophysics.

2 Likes

Hello. I am Bogdan and I from the Romania. I not participated in Google Code-in last year. What i have found interesting at Google Code-in was so many options to find tasks that help me familiarize myself with this kind of work. One of my main interests is to learn how to speak english better.

3 Likes

Greetings! My name is Andrew and I am from Romania. I’ve participated in Google Code-in last year but I didn’t do that much work because I was too lazy :frowning: , but this year I’ve decided to put some effort in it and hopefully make as many tasks as I can. For the future, I’m interested to learn how to configure networks. I think that OpenMRS is a good way to comunicate with people and maybe make some friends and GCI is really good because it introduces teenagers like myself in projects that might help them in the future. Have a good day everyone! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Mentors and all my Friends,

My name is Sakhub and I am a keen learner and I respect my mentors.Many congratulations to my Friends who are participating in GCI-2015.I am new to this abut I am a responsible and original one. Bye bye

Hi! I’m Dishant, and I’m trying to enter the Google Code In competition! Coding is one of my hobbies, so it immediately made me join Code In.

Hello! My name is Caitlin and I’m from the United States. I like how Google Code-in is a learning experience, and I intend to get better at coding as well as help OpenMRS. This is my first year of doing GCI. I’m interested in computer science so I hope it will go well.

1 Like