Hi everyone! Over the past week, @maany, @sunbiz, & I attended FOSSASIA 2016 in Singapore. This topic is a general recap & discussion about some of the things there. If you have comments or things to add, or questions, feel free to reply here!
- Over 1,000+ attendees daily over 3 days - largest open source event in Asia
- Schedule: http://2016.fossasia.org/schedule/
- OpenMRS talks:
- Project intro night @ Hackerspace.sg:
- oAuth provider via Spring: Lightning talk from Mayank: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2psphp9xggi1yog/AACH0qkfE-QF5e8BMTMulthHa?dl=0
- “Network of Networks” open source community modeling with Saptarshi: http://www.slideshare.net/sunbiz/foss-asia-2016-openmrs-networks-for-networks
- Distributed a few hundred OpenMRS stickers
Interesting Non-FOSSASIA meetings included:
- OMRS16 planning at SMU (dates TBA)
- Multiple venue visits for OMRS16 hackathon
- Singapore education & service provider strategy brainstorming with Adam Chee
- Education, training, certification in Singapore with General Assembly & Nodeschool organizers
- Chocolate & cheese buffet on top of Marina Bay Sands hotel ok, not really much of a meeting
- We have volunteered to help organize a health/med/bio track for next year’s event and hope that OpenMRS has a big part in it!
- Let us know if you’d like to volunteer to help find & recruit speakers for the track (date & time TBA)