Today when we want to make a change in the name of a form, we do not have any direct way from the UI. It leads to cloning the form with the same structure.
Change in the form leads to following issues:
1.Requires change in Groovy 2.Will act like a complete new form (clone) and the old form will still be present, also causing issues while reporting. 3. Requires change in display control
- Requires change in Groovy
- The form can pass to Groovy a list of operations to perform, so that form name is not required by Groovy to determine if we need to run a script on it or not (This will ensure Backward compatibility with existing implementations).
- Have a post save js script hook, similar to form conditions to handle this. (For newer implementations)
- Will act like a complete new form (clone) and the old form will still be present, also causing issues while reporting.
- No way to rename a form because we use the form name as key throughout the ecosystem, can we use form uuid instead for the following:
- Form name and its translations file
- Obs form namespace path
- Have a way to give a new name to a file:
Have form name transaltions.
Requires change in display control Use the form name, which should not be allowed to change
Note: Today when we have special character in form name we replace it with underscore for the form file name, this is not an extensible solution when all characters in the form name end up being special characters (eg. bengali)