Finding and installing the JDK 1.8 version

hello team. I have failed to find the jdk 1.8 version. I went to oracle but couldn’t find it. Kindly let me know where i can get it from.

could this be of help? How to install Java JDK on Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 - YouTube

its surely of help but when i follow the steps given, am told to open up an account with oracle, which i did. However, when i try to sign up, oracle rejects it.

i was able to download the jdk 1.8. Thanks for your help. Am now installing the openmrs sdk server, and failing to get the mysql database name. could you help me with that?

Kindly mysql database name is root which is a default and so just press enter without typing anything. Its the password where you have to enter the Mysql root password you created during the mysql installation.

i have put root as the name but the error they give is “the database name is not in the correct format”

Kindly just press enter.

been able to install it. now running this command “mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run -DserverId=your_server_id_here”. which server id should i use?

The command is mvn openmrs-sdk:run appended with your server name but if you don’t know your server name just run mvn openmrs-sdk:run and select the server you want to run from the list displayed.

am done with this and it has been successfully installed. Where should i login the credentials that they give?

Is the local server running?

the server seems to be running

Is the login UI displayed?

no it not displayed

Kindly are you able to see openmrs is running on this link … on your terminal?

@sylviakaks am sorry it supposed to be openmrs has started on this link

what happens after i run the command " mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run "?

Kindly its mvn openmrs-sdk:run

yes thats the command i typed. After that it mentioned that “openmrs is ready for you at http://localhost:8080/openmrs/”. Now its running unendlessly

Open your browser and paste http://localhost:8080/openmrs/” then enter