FATAL ERROR while working and restarting

Hello everyone I want to share a problem I recently have with bahmni i think it would be difficult to replicate the problem, since it was different evertime but i’ll try to explain the best i can. I’m using Bahmni ver 0.93 via VirtualMachine in CentOS

everything started when i was writing consultation notes, and follow ups, then i notice everytime I save the system hangs and deploys “Open MRS is not currently not available” i do the vagrant halt and the vagrant up and the problem persists but if i reboot the server completely it works again sometimes when i restart in the login page i have no options from the drop down menu so i have to restart again, the thing with restarting is that is the entire server, i does not work if i just restart the virtual machine i do have other services running like oviyam, but the only one affected is Bahmni… this last reboot send the next message Sorry if is too long, i do not know what to do, and even don’t know how to backup my patient database pls help! i havent touch files in at least 4months the only file i changed was dashboard.json and deleted some sections everything else is stock provided, i attach my current dashboard.json if its needed currentdashboard.txt (18.2 KB)

I don’t know if this helps but I’m running Bahmni Vagrant on: MXLinux-debian kernel 5.10.0-9-amd64 intelXeon E3-1220 16gb ram thanks in advance… Bahmni Error.txt (444.6 KB)

instead of rebooting vagrant, try investigating the service logs.

journalctl -u openmrs

Also when you reboot the vagrant, check the memory using commands like free or top. Its quite possible that you are running out resources. If you have installed all components, try stopping some of the services and see

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for your answer I change all the files i change for the original ones but as i said before rebooting only the VM doesn’t work i have to reboot the entire server, i did what you requested and this is what i got

-- Logs begin at mar 2022-11-01 12:54:49 CST, end at mar 2022-11-01 12:56:52 CST. --
nov 01 18:54:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: [/usr/lib/systemd/system/openmrs.service:11] Unknown lvalue 'LogsDirecnov 01 18:54:57 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting OpenMRS Server...
nov 01 18:54:57 localhost.localdomain openmrs[1151]: Starting openmrs
nov 01 18:54:57 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started OpenMRS Server.
nov 01 12:56:05 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: openmrs.service: main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
nov 01 12:56:05 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit openmrs.service entered failed state.
nov 01 12:56:05 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: openmrs.service failed.

and the problems is getting worst now everytime i do the login the system sends the following error 4rthError

i’ll try to do bahmni -i local install

but i do not know if that deletes all my patient data

thanks for your help!

i’ll keep searching for something

Update!: I start to mess with systemctl i post here the output in case it works as reference for someone it seems that a simple

sudo systemctl restart openmrs.service

was needed and now is working fine, i’ll do the follow up when it crashes again

Here are the outputs from Systemctl

[vagrant@localhost ~]$ sudo systemctl status openmrs.service
● openmrs.service - OpenMRS Server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openmrs.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: signal) since mar 2022-11-01 12:56:05 CST; 19min ago
   Process: 1151 ExecStart=/opt/openmrs/bin/openmrs start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 1253 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

Here the outpu of systemctl status after rstarting

[vagrant@localhost ~]$ sudo systemctl status openmrs.service
● openmrs.service - OpenMRS Server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openmrs.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since mar 2022-11-01 13:17:34 CST; 5s ago
   Process: 5268 ExecStart=/opt/openmrs/bin/openmrs start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 5282 (java)
   CGroup: /system.slice/openmrs.service
           └─5282 /usr/java/jre1.8.0_131/bin/java -jar -Xms512m -Xmx1024m /opt/openmrs/lib/openmrs.jar

This is the output for dependencies R is for in Red(stopped i think)

[vagrant@localhost ~]$ sudo systemctl list-dependencies openmrs.service
openmrs.service
● ├─system.slice
● └─basic.target
●   ├─iptables.service
●   ├─microcode.service -R
●   ├─rhel-dmesg.service
●   ├─selinux-policy-migrate-local-changes@targeted.service -R
●   ├─paths.target
●   ├─slices.target
●   │ ├─-.slice
●   │ └─system.slice
●   ├─sockets.target
●   │ ├─dbus.socket
●   │ ├─dm-event.socket
●   │ ├─rpcbind.socket
●   │ ├─systemd-initctl.socket
●   │ ├─systemd-journald.socket
●   │ ├─systemd-shutdownd.socket
●   │ ├─systemd-udevd-control.socket
●   │ └─systemd-udevd-kernel.socket
●   ├─sysinit.target
●   │ ├─dev-hugepages.mount
●   │ ├─dev-mqueue.mount
●   │ ├─kmod-static-nodes.service
●   │ ├─lvm2-lvmetad.socket
●   │ ├─lvm2-lvmpolld.socket
●   │ ├─lvm2-monitor.service
●   │ ├─multipathd.service -R
●   │ ├─plymouth-read-write.service -R
●   │ ├─plymouth-start.service -R
●   │ ├─proc-sys-fs-binfmt_misc.automount
●   │ ├─rhel-autorelabel.service -R
●   │ ├─rhel-domainname.service
●   │ ├─rhel-import-state.service
●   │ ├─rhel-loadmodules.service -R
●   │ ├─sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount -R
●   │ ├─sys-kernel-config.mount
●   │ ├─sys-kernel-debug.mount
●   │ ├─systemd-ask-password-console.path -R
●   │ ├─systemd-binfmt.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-firstboot.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-hwdb-update.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-journal-catalog-update.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-journal-flush.service
●   │ ├─systemd-journald.service
●   │ ├─systemd-machine-id-commit.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-modules-load.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-random-seed.service
●   │ ├─systemd-sysctl.service
●   │ ├─systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service
●   │ ├─systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service
●   │ ├─systemd-udev-trigger.service
●   │ ├─systemd-udevd.service
●   │ ├─systemd-update-done.service -R
●   │ ├─systemd-update-utmp.service
●   │ ├─systemd-vconsole-setup.service
●   │ ├─cryptsetup.target
●   │ ├─local-fs.target
●   │ │ ├─-.mount
●   │ │ ├─bahmni.mount
●   │ │ ├─boot.mount
●   │ │ ├─home.mount
●   │ │ ├─rhel-readonly.service
●   │ │ ├─systemd-remount-fs.service
●   │ │ └─vagrant.mount
●   │ └─swap.target
●   │   └─dev-mapper-centos\x2dswap.swap
●   └─timers.target
●     └─systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

Thanks to all

Not a solution, but possibly a workaround:

If you are evaluating Bahmni for local use, then maybe you can try the docker-compose version instead of the VM version. Will need lesser resources, runs on newer version of OpenMRS, more stable and better. This is the current “development version” of Bahmni, which will get launched in a month or so as Bahmni Lite v1.0.

See this: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/20643954/Bahmni+Using+Docker

Hello Everyone After making lots of changes, debugging and stuff it’s my obligation to tell you that the problem, was the server i don’t know why, but i did a thoughtfulll inspection and the result was that the computer that was running th service somehow got a corrupted apt for someone interested in this the specs of the server are:

HP Server Xeon Processor Nvidia 1660Ti with 8gb ram 32GB Ram doble channel linux Distro : mxlinux

i have to format the entire computer and everything is working fine i dont know how “apt” may disturb vagrant or virtualbox, that’s beyond my level of knowledge many thanks to all who posted

1 Like