Failure to setup server while installing openmrs-sdk-2.13.0

openmrs-sdk: 2.13.0

Question: I am having trouble setting up openmrs-sdk 2.13.0 with MySQL installation. While starting ‘openmrs-sdk-mysql-v3-2’ DB docker container, I am getting this build failure message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:5.2.0:setup (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Failed to setup server: Failed to connect to the specified database jdbc:mysql://localhost:3308/openmrs-dev?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost:3308/

I am wondering if the port is supposed to be 3308 or 3306 instead!

Here is my pastebin: OpenMRS-SKD installation failure - Pastebin.com

@dkayiwa

Oh sorry! The error message you provided indicates that the Maven build process failed to set up an OpenMRS server due to a database connection issue. Specifically, it’s failing to find a suitable driver for the MySQL database connection. You can try out the following to fix the issue:

1. Check Database URL: Make sure the database URL in your OpenMRS configuration is correct. The URL should be in the format jdbc:mysql://localhost:3308/openmrs-dev .

2. Port and Connection: Double-check that your MySQL server is running on localhost at port 3308 , and that the openmrs-dev database is present. If not, adjust the URL and port accordingly.

3. Verify that your database configuration in OpenMRS settings is correct. Check the openmrs-runtime.properties or similar configuration file for the correct database URL, username, and password.

4. Make sure the MySQL server is up and running on the specified port (3308 in your case). If it’s not, start the MySQL server.

5. lastly, Ensure that there are no firewall restrictions or security settings preventing the connection to the database.

1 Like

faced a similar issue today but the work around was when i changed the jdk from 11 back to 1.8

1 Like