Failing to install Standalone Ref Application [SOLVED]

@kdaud u can checkout this https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmrs/files/releases/

@kdaud how far have you gone with this. Any success?

@kdaud click that orange button which has “Download standalone”

stand alone comes with its own database could you be having enough band width and we get on call

@gcliff Have tried out as well standalone 2.8.1 but the same error is occurring.

In all the version have tried installing the process first throws
[MysqldResource] mysqld pid-file not found: /home/admins/referenceapplication-standalone-2.8.1/database/data/MysqldResource.pid
and after it points out
com.mysql.management.util.SQLRuntimeException: User initialization error. Can not connect as openmrs with password. Can not connect as root without password. URL: jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3316/mysql

cc @dkayiwa @mozzy need some guidance on what could be causing this error

Am just happy. Problem solved.
Am wondering why I took a week to figure out this! I think after extraction the files, the linux OS realizes threats to the database folder with in referenceapplication-standalone-2.9.0 directory it then restricts privileges to database folder. Now during installation, the app fails to get access to the database files due to file permission issue. As you can see in this snap shot the database folder is locked,

So what I did was to give full permission to the folder by unlocking the folder using this command:
chmod -R 777 referenceapplication-standalone-2.9.0/database
and then run the run-on-unix.sh file and it installed successfully
Thanks @herbert24 and everyone who helped me to think outside the box

3 Likes

thats cool @kdaud :+1:

3 Likes

That’s good @kdaud

4 Likes