FAILED TO UPGRADE FROM openmrs 1.9.8 to 2.3.2

the link provided to download the sync module is not working. are you suggesting to clone github and build the sync module manually!

Yes if you can.

the sync module maven build failed: the maven build failed for the sync module - Pastebin.com

I am trying again

the same errors again with a new round of git clone

GREAT HERE IS THE RESULT FOR THE SYNC MODULE

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary for Synchronization Module 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: [INFO] [INFO] Synchronization Module … SUCCESS [ 0.860 s] [INFO] Synchronization Module API … SUCCESS [11:25 min] [INFO] Synchronization Module OMOD … SUCCESS [01:38 min] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 13:08 min [INFO] Finished at: 2020-12-29T20:46:06Z [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

with the new sync omod in the module folder here are the new errors errors after using the new sync module from github - Pastebin.com

Add the legacyui module too.

It is now working! I can even upgrade directly from openmrs 1.9.8 to 2.3.2. Thank a lot

Hi Sir thank again for providing useful guidance that lead to a successfully upgrade to openmrs 2.3.2. I have added the reference application 2.11 add-ons but I do not have the nice localhost:8082/openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page with web features. Looking at the openmrs manage modules page, I noticed that two modules failed to start when using my organization data. my goal now is to reach the nice home page localhost:8082/openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page ! which I mean is also a added value to the upgrade !

Here is the link showing the two modules red highlighted: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Regard JB

Do you think you can share the server side log via pastebin.com?

please find herewith the log at 07-Jan-2021 10:31:06.012 INFOS [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerL - Pastebin.com

What does this query return? select * from concept_name where uuid = '123BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB'

the query return one record with name=Bronchospasm

Can you share the full result?

here is the full result query_results - Pastebin.com

The reference application attempts to insert metadata which is in some cases a duplicate of what you already have. So, you will end up with: Update OpenMRS completely damaged my personal concept dictionary or this: Concept Dictionary Changes When Upgrading from 1.11.6 to Refapp 2.8.0

@ssmusoke shared the approach that he is using for UgandaEMR: An Opinionated Approach to OpenMRS Concept Management | Stephen Musoke Senkomago

1 Like

OK I can now see the nice referenceapplication/home.page

what I have done so far

1-restored my openmrs 1.9.8 database 2-avoid the duplicate key conflict by removing 1 character from the uuid with the command: UPDATE openmrs_db.concept_name SET uuid = SUBSTR(uuid,1,length(uuid)-1) where concept_id>0 3-upgrade to openmrs 2.3.2 4-all the modules have started

here is the log: log for nice home page - Pastebin.com

Remove the referencedemodata module and restart OpenMRS.