Failed running Tomcat

Hello everyone! I am new to openmrs SDK. I just tried my best to fix the problem I face. I just followed OpenMRSSDK-Installation When I try to run the project, I got the following problem. Could you help me please!

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M
ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Permission denied
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary for OpenMRS 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT:
[INFO]
[INFO] OpenMRS ............................................ FAILURE [  01:43 h]
[INFO] openmrs-tools ...................................... SUCCESS [  1.855 s]
[INFO] openmrs-test ....................................... SUCCESS [  0.943 s]
[INFO] openmrs-api ........................................ SUCCESS [20:45 min]
[INFO] openmrs-web ........................................ SUCCESS [ 26.019 s]
[INFO] openmrs-webapp ..................................... SUCCESS [  7.171 s]
[INFO] openmrs-liquibase .................................. SUCCESS [  5.884 s]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  02:05 h
[INFO] Finished at: 2020-10-28T13:53:47+03:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:3.13.6:run (default-cli) on project openmrs: Execution default-cli of goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:3.13.6:run failed: Failed running Tomcat -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException

@kibret which mysql version are you using ?

please share the error logs using https://pastebin.com/

Thank you very much @gcliff for your help. I installed MySQL version 5.6 and error logs on pastebin/

1 Like

@kibret could you try to upgrade to mysql 5.7 as advised here

MySQL version 5.7 is 32 bit on download center. Should I install it? And also MySQL 5.7 has sub versions. which one is compatible?

This is the error:

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Permission denied
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750]

It occurs because your SDK instance is configured to run in debug mode with the Java debugger listening on port 1044 (from your pastebin log), but something is already using port 1044. The most likely culprit is that you already have that SDK server running.

Since you’re on windows, you can find the process id (PID) of the process that’s using the port by running netstat -ano | find "1044". The PID should be the last number on the line. You should then be able to (rather unceremoniously) kill the program by running taskkill /F /PID <pid> where <pid> is the PID number that you found in the last command.

5 Likes

Thanks for your help. Finally it works now. I installed 5.7 version of MySQL and Setting MAVEN_OPTs to 1024 on windows.

1 Like