Export OpenMRS config from staging to production

Hey guys

I am looking for an easy way to migrate OpenMRS configuration work that has been done on a staging environment to our production environment.

So we have set up a lot of new concepts, forms, orders, … and I want to move those to production without touching the data on the production server.

Is there any way to do this? I can try to manually go through all the tables and separate data from metadata to make an SQL dump but that’s a considerable amount of work…

Does anyone have any advice?

Did you take a look at this? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Metadata+Sharing+Module

Hi @ramses,

Depending on how automated your processes need to be you may be interested in the Initializer module that we are currently developing.

Hi @mksd,

I’m trying to run your openmrs-module-initializer inside of my bahmni-vagrant CentOs virtual box using vagrant ssh and switching to root user and donwload the repo inside of /opt folder and run the command mvn cleans install .

This was my result:

Any advice?

Hi @cristian,

Initializer 1.0.1 has not been released yet, and - long story short - that is the problem here. The release is blocked by both TRUNK-5213 and ADDR-108 which are almost solved.

How urgent is this? If it’s urgent you could get the latest built here, however you would have to rename that file to initializer-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.omod. If it’s not urgent you would have to wait for release 1.0.1.

Hi @mksd,

Apologize for my ignorance, but, how I could run the file initializer-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.omod and where?

Thank you so much for your help!

You should copy the OMOD to the /modules folder and restart OpenMRS. Please refer to its README to guide you on how to leverage Initializer for metadata management.