Errors while forcing to rebuild a docker image using Sync 2.0 module.

Hello All!

I am using a windows 10 64 bit machine. I have been trying to install docker so that i can be able to use openmrs-module-sync2.

When i create or update a sync server (parent or child) bu running mvn openmrs-sdk:build-distro -Ddistro=openmrs-distro.properties -Ddir=docker, the process executes successfully and a docker-folder appears in my working directory.

However, when i execute docker-compose up --build, i get an error as shown in the screenshot below.

When i made some research of the error it seamed that the problem was because Hyper-V was not activated on my machine, so i tried to activate it. By going to the Windows Features (Right click the windows icon in the bottom left of your screen>select Program Features>Select Turn windows features on or off). Suprisingly, Hyper-V on my machine couldn’t be checked as shown below.image

May be my machine couldn’t support this because i just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 :roll_eyes:.

Anyways, i activated virtualization in BIOS using F2-command during booting process and reboot my system to see if the error above could be solved but the problem persisted.

I downloaded a new docker application but it also showed me an error indicating that i should first activate Hyper-V.

I tried to run the webapp using mvn jetty:run but it shows an error indicating that my modules could not be started because they depend on another feature which is not activated.

Windows is so trouble-some when it comes to Virtualisation and Containerization.

you would rather use windows-friendly tools like the Standalone ,or the SDK.
you could simply build the Sync 2 module and run it in a standalone or the SDK server…
other wise the Sync2 module its self has got enough issues to fight with :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@mozzy u could simply build the Sync 2 module

is building the Sync 2 module done by the command mvn clean package in the Sync folder and there after paste the .omod file in the modules folder (openmrs\server\modules)

1 Like

yes , it can also be deployed that way.

Thanks @mozzy

1 Like