errors on importing openmrs-core to eclipse

I cloned openmrs-core from github and imported it to eclipse I got these errors:

How can I resolve those? Thanks

Ignore that. If “maven clean install” passes fine. Then there is no cause for alarm :slight_smile:

actually it doesn’t pass. gives out this error: Tests run: 3278, Failures: 2, Errors: 5, Skipped: 37

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary: [INFO] [INFO] OpenMRS … SUCCESS [ 14.043 s] [INFO] openmrs-tools … SUCCESS [ 42.154 s] [INFO] openmrs-test … SUCCESS [ 0.950 s] [INFO] openmrs-api … FAILURE [12:41 min] [INFO] openmrs-web … SKIPPED [INFO] openmrs-webapp … SKIPPED [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 13:39 min [INFO] Finished at: 2016-06-21T20:24:22+02:00 [INFO] Final Memory: 59M/443M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project openmrs-api: There are test failures. [ERROR] [ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\Hossam Ali\Desktop\workspace\openmrs-core\api\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results. [ERROR] -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException [ERROR] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command [ERROR] mvn -rf :openmrs-api

did you run that from within eclipse or from terminal? If from eclipse, then try from terminal. If from terminal, then provide the version of OpenMRS, java and maven you are using and also the specific tests that are failing.

jdk1.8.0_91 apache-maven-3.3.9

by openmrs do you mean SDK? I’m really new to development so what I’m doing wrong can be something very obvious and a no brainer so I apologize for that in advance :))

i just did “mvn clean install” and it was successful

How did you download openmrs. Is it from sdk or from github using git clone. If you are using git, pull latest changes and try again. If no luck, then make sure you follow this instructions, Using Git - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki .