Errors in Deployment

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to deploy OpenMRS and it came up with a couple errors that were preventing it from deploying. I am not too sure what exactly they mean or where I went wrong in the installation and/or build process. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Before this step, I was trying to reconfigure my Java_home and path and that was giving me a decent amount of trouble. Now I think I set the Java_home and Path to java 1.8. This possibly might be a source of why these errors are popping up? Not too sure if I successfully configured the java path?

I used this command in the webapp directory: mvn jetty:run

It came up with a couple of build errors: Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:9.4.31.v20200723:run (default-cli) on project openmrs-webapp: Failure: Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8080: Address already in use -> [Help 1] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:9.4.31.v20200723:run (default-cli) on project openmrs-webapp: Failure

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failure at org.eclipse.jetty.maven.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty (AbstractJettyMojo.java:496)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8080 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel (ServerConnector.java:349)

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0 (Native Method) at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind (Net.java:433) at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind (Net.java:425)

This shows that there is some thing running on port 8080.which operating system are you using? incase its windows use the these commands to find and kill a task at port 8080

1. netstat -ano | findstr 8080

2 ) taskkill /F /PID (add the id of the running procees here) for example taskkill /F /PID 5312, After restart the whole process!

1 Like

Are you sure java-Home environment variable is well set, Do you mind sharing the screen shot of java-home set on your machine

Thank you for the response! I am running on Ubuntu 20.04. I opened a window for the local host and typed in the link (8080 port). Could that be the source of part of the error?

Yes. I get the correct output when I type java -version: openjdk version “1.8.0_265” OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_265-8u265-b01-0ubuntu2~20.04-b01) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.265-b01, mixed mode)

but I am not totally sure if my etc/environment is set up 100% correctly and if there is anything else that needs to be done. Attached is a screenshot.

kill the process running on ubuntu on port 8080 How to kill a process on a port on ubuntu - Stack Overflow

1 Like

I believe this solved the port error! However, I am also getting this other one.

sudo kill 'sudo lsof -t -i:8080'

mvn jetty:run

Here is the output after running the commands:

Here is my pom.xlm file:

the screen shot still shows that 8080 is still in use

1 Like

@ankerj the 8080 port is already in use

try to use another port for your jetty server by running mvn jetty: run -Djetty.port=8081 in the webapps folder

4 Likes

Yes thank you for your response. @herbert24 I must have submitted the wrong screenshot my bad the error was the same as the output pasted bellow. Thank you for your prior response and your time. Here was the output that I got after running the command: mvn jetty: run -Djetty.port=8081

[INFO] Scanning for projects… [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 1.219 s [INFO] Finished at: 2020-11-03T20:08:34-05:00 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Could not find goal ‘’ in plugin org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:9.4.31.v20200723 among available goals deploy-war, effective-web-xml, help, run, run-distro, run-exploded, run-forked, run-war, start, stop -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoNotFoundException

Run from the webapp folder.

1 Like

@ankerj i can get in some minutes tomorrow on call just to get you moving,let me know when you are available

1 Like

Thank you so much. I am working with a group and some of them are experiencing the same issue. Would it be possible for them to join? Also, I am available after 4pm EST. Thanks again.

1 Like

ohh i sue EAT time,4pm EST looks to be late for me