Error while Creating my first Module

Following this link Creating Your First Module - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki, I am getting an error during the step of building the module using maven.

Below is the error reference; [INFO] Scanning for projects… [INFO] Downloading from : JFrog [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs: [WARNING] ‘parent.relativePath’ of POM org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-api:0.1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Users\GEOFREY\openmrs-module-basicmodule\api\pom.xml) points at org.openmrs.module:myFirstModule instead of org.openmrs.module:basicmodule, please verify your project structure @ line 4, column 10 [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-api:0.1-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1-SNAPSHOT from/to openmrs-repo-thirdparty (JFrog): Failed to transfer JFrog. Error code 409, Conflict and ‘parent.relativePath’ points at wrong local POM @ line 4, column 10 [WARNING] ‘parent.relativePath’ of POM org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-omod:0.1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Users\GEOFREY\openmrs-module-basicmodule\omod\pom.xml) points at org.openmrs.module:myFirstModule instead of org.openmrs.module:basicmodule, please verify your project structure @ line 4, column 10 [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-omod:0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1-SNAPSHOT from JFrog was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of openmrs-repo-thirdparty has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1-SNAPSHOT from/to openmrs-repo-thirdparty (JFrog): Failed to transfer JFrog. Error code 409, Conflict and ‘parent.relativePath’ points at wrong local POM @ line 4, column 10 @ [ERROR] The build could not read 2 projects → [Help 1] [ERROR]
[ERROR] The project org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-api:0.1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Users\GEOFREY\openmrs-module-basicmodule\api\pom.xml) has 1 error [ERROR] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-api:0.1-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1-SNAPSHOT from/to openmrs-repo-thirdparty (JFrog): Failed to transfer JFrog. Error code 409, Conflict and ‘parent.relativePath’ points at wrong local POM @ line 4, column 10 → [Help 2] [ERROR]
[ERROR] The project org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-omod:0.1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Users\GEOFREY\openmrs-module-basicmodule\omod\pom.xml) has 1 error [ERROR] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-omod:0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1-SNAPSHOT from JFrog was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of openmrs-repo-thirdparty has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1-SNAPSHOT from/to openmrs-repo-thirdparty (JFrog): Failed to transfer JFrog. Error code 409, Conflict and ‘parent.relativePath’ points at wrong local POM @ line 4, column 10 → [Help 2] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] ProjectBuildingException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation [ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

@geofreys sorry for the error! Kindly always use pastebin.com to share error logs. Besides that, kindly shade some light on what you were doing prior.

This is kindly noted. I have posted it.

I am trying to create my first module. Using Eclipse and following the instructions in this link Creating Your First Module - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

Hi Geofrey, you may want to follow this guide: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Setting+Up+a+Development+Environment+for+OpenMRS+2.x#SettingUpaDevelopmentEnvironmentforOpenMRS2.x-WritingyourownmoduleontopofOpenMRS2.x

@geofreys the error is caused by your module POM inheriting another POM that Maven could not download i.e. `parent.relativePath’ pointing at wrong local POM. POM org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-api:0.1-SNAPSHOT points at org.openmrs.module:myFirstModule instead of org.openmrs.module:basicmodule.

Thanks. am going through this step by step

Attached is the screenshot of my POM.xml file

Error while Creating my first Module - Pastebin.com Here is the link to the pastebin for the error logs am experiencing

Kindly right click on line 4 on your IDE and see the options provided. That is where the error is originating from.

Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openmrs.module:basicmodule-api:0.1: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.module:basicmodule:pom:0.1 in openmrs-repo (JFrog) and ‘parent.relativePath’ points at no local POM. This is the error source indicated when I hovered around line 4. Am trying to study how to fix it

1 Like

Thanks so so much! I desired you to know how we tell the errors in code. Then how we look for solutions using stack overflow. I will link with you shortly.

@geofreys kindly let me know if you are still stack.

Yes, I actually carried out “mvn clean install” in cmd but still raising the same error

Kindly we can sync after an hour from now. Feel free to share the meeting link please!

Thanks for your time, please find the link to login whenever you’re ready. https://meet.google.com/cdk-sysp-fyq

Are you available? Kindly we can meet now.

Yes madam. am available just let me let you in

Kindly allow me in the room by clicking admit

After creating my first module ‘patient’, I ran this command ‘mvn openmrs-sdk:run’ within the module directory via cmd. However am getting this error as attached in the pastebin.

I need some help

Regards

Oh sorry! I have been offline. Kindly start your server by running mvn openmrs-sdk:run on your terminal. When your local server starts, navigate to the modules dashboard and confirm if the module you created exists and try to upload the module to your server.( login credentials are: Username admin, password Admin 123). This exercise helps you understand how modules are created in openmrs, naming conventions, how they are uploaded on the the server and the different modules the exists in the community.