Error while creating demo server

Application Name: openmrs-module-insuranceclaims

Question: I’m following the below steps for creating demo server.

1. mvn openmrs-sdk:build-distro -Ddistro=openmrs-distro.properties -Ddir=docker
  2. cd docker
  3. docker-compose up --build

In the 3rd step, I’m getting the below error. Creating docker_db_1 … error

ERROR: for docker_db_1 Cannot create container for service db: status code not OK but 500: {“Message”:“Unhandled exception: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))”}

ERROR: for db Cannot create container for service db: status code not OK but 500: {“Message”:“Unhandled exception: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))”} ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Have you been following this https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK ?

Thanks for your suggestion. I’m able to install now.

1 Like

Glad you’re able to now.

I’m getting the error again while doing

docker-compose up --build

Successfully built 36c4b7244a6b Successfully tagged openmrsinsurancempdule:0.1 Creating docker_db_1 … error ERROR: for docker_db_1 Cannot create container for service db: status code not OK but 500: {“Message”:“Unhandled exception: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))”,

But when using the command “mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run”, it’s working fine.

I want to know what is the difference. How to make “docker-compose up” command working?

@ganesan can you drop the whole log at hastebin.com ?

1. If mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run is working right for you why do you need to spin it on a Docker instance ? What’s the usecase in any case ? Are you going to deploy on cloud ?

I want to deploy Insurance Claims Module. It’s not working with the mvn openmrs-sdk:run. While creating insurance claims, consumables and diagnosis details are not getting displayed.

So, I want to deploy using docker to check the behavior. Thanks for your help @tendomart.

@ganesan I doubt that’s the correct way. If were you i’d do the following steps

1. Read Through Developer’s guide and understand how to use openmrs SDK

2 .Build the module using “mvn clean package” or “mvn clean install”

1. Go to the base of your folder after successful build , go to /omod/target folder , grab the .omod and deploy that into your application (Am assuming you’re using Reference Application) or upload it via the Manage Modules section under System Admininstration Page of Your Instance. You must have deployed the right module dependencies as well.

And you can also look at this incase of module deployment

@ganesan have you succeed with these steps

No, Not yet @herbert24 . I’m looking into it.

1 Like