Error while compling OpenMRS in eclipse

Application Name: OpenMRS core Master Question: Im having this issues when I’m running project in eclipse and my project give error like Launch configuration openmrs references non-existing project openmrs. SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings. SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Users/sunil/.m2/repository/org/slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/1.6.0/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Users/sunil/.m2/repository/org/slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/1.6.0/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.

Im new to OpenMRS

Did you get a chance to look at this? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK

1 Like

When i run OpenMRS from command prompt it works fine and it build successfully. But when i try to compile and run from eclipse it skips files … and their is error in pom.xml file. and errors in eclipse console are

Description Resource Path Location Type Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:1.5:parse-version (execution: parse-version, phase: initialize) pom.xml /openmrs-api line 13 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:1.5:parse-version (execution: parse-version, phase: initialize) pom.xml /openmrs-tools line 13 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:1.5:parse-version (execution: parse-version, phase: initialize) pom.xml /openmrs-web line 13 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:1.5:parse-version (execution: parse-version, phase: initialize) pom.xml /openmrs-webapp line 13 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:0.7.4.201502262128:prepare-agent (execution: prepare-agent, phase: initialize) pom.xml /openmrs-api line 13 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:0.7.4.201502262128:prepare-agent (execution: prepare-agent, phase: initialize) pom.xml /openmrs-web line 13 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem Tag cannot be resolved to a type ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 133 Java Problem Tag cannot be resolved to a type ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 144 Java Problem Taglet cannot be resolved to a type ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 20 Java Problem Taglet cannot be resolved to a type ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 119 Java Problem Taglet cannot be resolved to a type ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 119 Java Problem The import com.sun.javadoc cannot be resolved ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 14 Java Problem The import com.sun.tools cannot be resolved ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 15 Java Problem The method getName() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 30 Java Problem The method inConstructor() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 52 Java Problem The method inField() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 41 Java Problem The method inMethod() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 63 Java Problem The method inOverview() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 74 Java Problem The method inPackage() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 85 Java Problem The method inType() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 97 Java Problem The method isInlineTag() of type ShouldTaglet must override or implement a supertype method ShouldTaglet.java /openmrs-tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet line 108 Java Problem

Hey hi daniel I have followed the link of openMRS sdk that you have given to me, but their i’m having an error of database name

The distribution requires MySQL database. Please specify database uri (-DdbUri) (default: ‘jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@DBNAME@’): jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@dbname@

Please specify database username (-DdbUser) (default: ‘root’): root Please specify database password (-DdbPassword) (default: ’ '): [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 06:45 min [INFO] Finished at: 2017-05-26T13:21:36+05:30 [INFO] Final Memory: 15M/90M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:3.10.0:setup (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Failed to setup server: The db name is in a wrong format (allowed alphanumeric, dash and underscore signs): @dbname@ -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException ‘cmd’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have tried in 3 ways : 1 . living blank 2. giving same name as default 3. i have provided my db name

** jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@dbname@** is it the correct way…?

When it asks for a database, just press ENTER without typing anything. That way you will go with the default.

Okay …Thnks daniel

Thnks daniel it worked… can u explain me why it wasn’t working when I was providing the database name ?

You possibly typed a name with unaccepted characters.

I tried with:-

openmrs openmrs_dev openmrs_1dev openmrsdev1 sun dbname DBNAME

but keeping it blank worked for me thnks anyways

their is one more thing i need to ask?

I have successfully run the openmrs-core using command prompt and Im seeing the : localhost:8080/openmrs/ but it’s blank. like its saying

If you are seeing this page, it means that the OpenMRS Platform is running successfully, but no user interface module is installed. Learn about the available User Interface Modules

If you are a developer, you can access the REST API. (See REST documentation for clients)

And I cloned openmrs-module-legacyUi module… but cloned it outside the openmrs-core folder? im not able to see the loging page.

Hey daniel everything is working fine now Im able to see the openmrs Home page… thnks :slight_smile:

Hey daniel sry to disturb again … I tried to run the openmrs-core from eclipse their I see no login form. It was just showing me the simple openmrs page that shows openmrs is successfully running. I had clone the leguacy module and cleaned it still it was showing the simple page. I had downloaded the leguacy module and kept in the %Appdata%>openmrs>Module folder.

What I’m I missing?

That could be a cached page. Try press CTRL + SHIFT + R