Error on "vagrant up"

Hi, re’installed evrything from start (git, virtualbox, vagrant), on vagrant up i get the following error, please help, I’m stuck.

Bringing machine ‘default’ up with ‘virtualbox’ provider… There are errors in the configuration of this machine. Please fix the following errors and try again:

SSH:

• The following settings shouldn’t exist: insert_key

vm:

• The following settings shouldn’t exist: box_check_update
  • The box ‘bahmni-team/bahmni’ could not be found.

@tumga Please paste the contents of your Vagrantfile

Hi, thank you for reply, here are contents for Vargrant file @sravanthi17

-- mode: ruby --

vi: set ft=ruby :

Vagrant.configure(2) do |config| config.vm.box = “bahmni-team/bahmni” config.vm.box_check_update = true config.ssh.insert_key = false config.vm.network “private_network”, ip: “192.168.33.10”

config.vm.synced_folder “…”, “/bahmni”, :owner => “vagrant” config.vm.provider “virtualbox” do |v| v.customize [“modifyvm”, :id, “–memory”, 3092, “–cpus”, 2, “–name”, “Bahmni-RPM”] end end

Hi @tumga, Which documentation link did you follow to setup? My Vagrantfile looks like

Hello @swathivarkala, I used this documentation

https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Bahmni+Virtual+Box

Can you remove this once and try.

I have removed the line from the Vagrant file and did Vagrant up.

I see it has solved one of the problems with ssh, I still see vm error. Here is the error that appears now when I do Vagrant up:

Bringing machine ‘default’ up with ‘virtualbox’ provider… There are errors in the configuration of this machine. Please fix the following errors and try again:

vm:

• The following settings shouldn’t exist: box_check_update
  • The box ‘bahmni-team/bahmni’ could not be found.

What is config.vm.box is explained here. According to it, the bahmni vagrant box should be in atlas.hashcorp repo. But looks like 0.86 bahmni vagrant box is still not pushed. thats why you are seeing that error. Sorry for the inconvenience. We would get it pushed on to it soon. As a work around, you can install 0.85 and upgrade to 0.86 following the upgrade instructions at Bahmni Release Notes.

Hi @tumga,

We once faced the same problem. Try running sudo rm /opt/vagrant/embedded/bin/curl. Then do vagrant up. That might fix the issue.

Hi @ajjaswanth i have tried, it seems there is no such file

here is the output I got

" rm: cannot remove ‘/opt/vagrant/embedded/bin/curl’: No such file or directory"

Which version of vagrant are you using ?

Vagrant version 1.4.3

Add the below line in your Vagrantfile

config.vm.box_url = “https://atlas.hashicorp.com/bahmni-team/boxes/bahmni/versions/0.85/providers/virtualbox.box

I tried upgrading vagrant and installing latest version of vagrant “Vagrant 1.9.0”, now it starts with this error

==> default: Checking if box ‘bahmni-team/bahmni’ is up to date… ==> default: Machine already provisioned. Run vagrant provision or use the --provision ==> default: flag to force provisioning. Provisioners marked to run always will still run. ==> default: Running provisioner: shell… An error occurred in the underlying SSH library that Vagrant uses. The error message is shown below. In many cases, errors from this library are caused by ssh-agent issues. Try disabling your SSH agent or removing some keys and try again.

If the problem persists, please report a bug to the net-ssh project.

timeout during server version negotiating

This is the Vagrant file

-- mode: ruby --

vi: set ft=ruby :

Vagrant.configure(2) do |config| config.vm.box = “bahmni-team/bahmni” config.vm.box_check_update = true config.ssh.insert_key = false config.vm.network “private_network”, ip: “192.168.33.10”

config.vm.synced_folder “…”, “/bahmni”, :owner => “vagrant”

config.ssh.username = “vagrant” config.ssh.password = “vagrant”

#-------------------------------------------------------------- config.vm.network “public_network”, auto_config: false

manual ip

config.vm.provision “shell”, run: “always”, inline: “ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.20 netmask 255.255.254.0 up” #end #-----14/01/2016 #default router config.vm.provision “shell”, run: “always”, inline: “route add default gw 192.168.1.1”

delete default gw on eth0

config.vm.provision “shell”, run: “always”, inline: "eval route -n | awk '{ if ($8 ==\"eth0\" && $2 != \"0.0.0.0\") print \"route del default gw \" $2; }'" #-----------------------------------------------------

config.vm.provider “virtualbox” do |v| v.customize [“modifyvm”, :id, “–memory”, 3092, “–cpus”, 2, “–name”, “Bahmni-RPM”] end end “Vagrantfile” 40L, 1172C 40,1 All

Still getting error on vagrant up, please help.

it now says:

Bringing machine ‘default’ up with ‘virtualbox’ provider… ==> default: Checking if box ‘bahmni-team/bahmni’ is up to date… ==> default: Clearing any previously set forwarded ports… ==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces… ==> default: Preparing network interfaces based on configuration… default: Adapter 1: nat default: Adapter 2: bridged ==> default: Forwarding ports… default: 22 => 2222 (adapter 1) ==> default: Running ‘pre-boot’ VM customizations… ==> default: Booting VM… ==> default: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes… default: SSH address: 127.0.0.1:2222 default: SSH username: vagrant default: SSH auth method: password default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… default: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying… Timed out while waiting for the machine to boot. This means that Vagrant was unable to communicate with the guest machine within the configured (“config.vm.boot_timeout” value) time period.

If you look above, you should be able to see the error(s) that Vagrant had when attempting to connect to the machine. These errors are usually good hints as to what may be wrong.

If you’re using a custom box, make sure that networking is properly working and you’re able to connect to the machine. It is a common problem that networking isn’t setup properly in these boxes. Verify that authentication configurations are also setup properly, as well.

If the box appears to be booting properly, you may want to increase the timeout (“config.vm.boot_timeout”) value.

tried to increase “config.vm.boot_timeout = 600” on the vagrant file, but still doesnt work

@tumga, Is the Vagrantfile same as https://github.com/Bahmni/bahmni-vagrant/blob/master/Vagrantfile? If not, please use the vagrantfile in the above URL and try.

I have edited it to be exactly the same, and still getting the same result, “connection timeout”

After you changed the Vagrantfile did you run vagrant reload or vagrant destroy && vagrant up?

Since the machine has booted successfully, can you check vagrant status to see if it is up and running. If it is running try vagrant ssh or ssh vagrant@192.168.33.10 give the password as vagrant.

After changing i did vagrant halt then vagrant up