[ERROR] Failed to execute goal :maven-release-plugin:2.5. The git-push command failed

@wyclif had a given me a link wc contains an example like

<server>
      <id>server001</id>
      <username>my_login</username>
      <password>my_password</password>
      <privateKey>${user.home}/.ssh/id_dsa</privateKey>
      <passphrase>some_passphrase</passphrase>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <configuration></configuration>
    </server> 

but i lack enough info to use that example. eg , wat server id am i supposed to use? etc according to wat @wyclif directed me to

You really should not be putting your credentials out in the public like this.

1 Like

thx @willa , so wats the best way i can pre-configure my git user name and passowrd??

I am talking about pasting your maven settings file without editing out the credos. I am not sure what your problem is but FWIW I released a UI commons module a few weeks ago and I never needed to configure any git credentials (Before this I always released using ā€œmvn release:prepareā€ command). Are you supposed to login to bamboo server to do that. While there you simply need to follow the instructions on the page Wyclif gave. Take a look at this thread

1 Like

well , am not taking the bamboo option yet , i still want to release from my local machineā€¦so i want to congigure git with my credentils

@willa, did u release from bamboo instead??

unfortunately , it sims am taking the maven release direction

Hi, Iā€™m stepping in now.

This a serious security incident.

Iā€™m changing your password to maven now. We need to think it properly how we are going to handle releases, and I donā€™t want to jeopardize the security of the community and all packages.

1 Like

thats true @cintiadr. probably let me change it my self , if its fine with u. very sorry for that

Please stop the release while we sort this whole thing out.

If you use this same password somewhere, please change.

1 Like

alryt madam. @cintiadr

I didnā€™t find any evidence in our maven repo that your user has been accessed with your user (by a bot or similar).

If you used this same password in our OpenMRS ID, please let me know via PM and I will try to investigate that too.

Make sure your email doesnā€™t have the same password as well.

1 Like

No thats not the password i use for the openmrs ID. i have actually accesed the maven repo with the user ā€œmozzyā€ but i ive remembered the HelpDesk had requested me to change that password and i had changed it.

and about my emails, i use completely a diferent password

Awesome, great.

So this is the repo https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-formfilter

Do you know if this module has a build in Bamboo?

1 Like

well am probably not sure. though i tried to check and it seems it doesnt have ā€¦not so sure

I couldnā€™t find either.

I created: https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/FF-FFM-JOB1-1/test

Running with JDK 8. I can see 31 passing tests.

All you need is to release whatever is in master as 1.3.0, right?

1 Like

yes , i think thats y @dkayiwa stiil advises me to do a Maven release

my issues was how to configure the settings file so that i add a git configuration in order to by pass the error i described in this thread

and this is wat ive resolved to do am going to add

<properties>
       <project.scm.id>my-scm-server</project.scm.id>
</properties>

in my POM file

and then add

<server>
         <id>my-scm-server</id>  
         <username>myUser</username>  
         <password>myPassword</password>  
      </server>  

in my settings file

Maven Release was done from Bamboo, as it should:

https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/FF-FFM-AHREL-1/log

https://openmrs.jfrog.io/openmrs/modules/org/openmrs/module/formfilter-omod/1.3.0/

Best practice is to only do maven releases from CI, as CI already has all the credentials configured, a secure and controlled environment, and traceability.

If a module doesnā€™t have a release build, itā€™s just a matter of creating it. We created quite a few wiki pages documenting that process.

ok, so can u direct me to a doc of how i shud release from CI. so shud i abort releasing from my machine??